Pirate 4x4 banner

Rubicon Tri-link Option

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Steve N 
#1 ·
In the April '05 issue of JP Magazine is the Rubicon Express advertisment. Listed under new products is a Rubicon Tri-Link Option. It looks like the flex joint is mounted on a vertical plain instead of a horizontal plain like Full Traction's.

Just curious if any of you suspension gurus have any information or opinions of this addition to the RE suspension line. I'm getting real close to doing a lift and have been kicking around the 3-link idea. I also hear Clayton makes a pretty good system but the square tubing thing bothers me, I've always heard round tubing was structurally stronger (given the same parameters).

Also, anyone have any insider info on what Nth Degree is up to? Their talking about debuting a Long Arm system in a couple of months too.

Any knowledgable comments will be of great help in assisting me with my decisions.

#3 ·
Ive got a 5.5" hardarm kit from Claytons... i love it, the warranty on the control arms is awesome, no worries... and their really good guys, not out to screw anyone. they'll take care of ya and i recommend them. plus, if you notice, they put out replacement tri-link kits that are adjustable to replace the non-adjustable tri links of the RE and full-traction kits. and all their joints are larger. all in all, i thought it was the best kit around and i went for it, and i dont regret a thing.

#4 ·
RE's 3 link is actually going to be fully adjustable unlike the FT, but it's not available quite yet. They expect to release it April - May.

#9 ·
AustnJPR said:
The question in the thread was about a 3-link option from RE...The comparision was in design...not a comparision in which "should I buy". Therfore you can eat a bowl of dicks with a cold rusty spoon...
Thank you. Said most eloquently. :flipoff2:

No one has yet addressed the positioning of the flex joint. What would be the pros/cons of a given orientation (no, I'm not talking about sexual preferences!) Which way will handle the load and stresses best?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.