Rubicon Tri-link Option - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2005, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Contributing Lurker

Member # 36298
Rubicon Tri-link Option

In the April '05 issue of JP Magazine is the Rubicon Express advertisment. Listed under new products is a Rubicon Tri-Link Option. It looks like the flex joint is mounted on a vertical plain instead of a horizontal plain like Full Traction's.

Just curious if any of you suspension gurus have any information or opinions of this addition to the RE suspension line. I'm getting real close to doing a lift and have been kicking around the 3-link idea. I also hear Clayton makes a pretty good system but the square tubing thing bothers me, I've always heard round tubing was structurally stronger (given the same parameters).

Also, anyone have any insider info on what Nth Degree is up to? Their talking about debuting a Long Arm system in a couple of months too.

Any knowledgable comments will be of great help in assisting me with my decisions.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 25521
The thing that you have to remember about Clayton is that their arms have a warranty against bending and breaking their arms (as long as you are running the standard unstretch kit). I have heard lots of people have bent RE arms.
RockinWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2005, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 37275
Ive got a 5.5" hardarm kit from Claytons... i love it, the warranty on the control arms is awesome, no worries... and their really good guys, not out to screw anyone. they'll take care of ya and i recommend them. plus, if you notice, they put out replacement tri-link kits that are adjustable to replace the non-adjustable tri links of the RE and full-traction kits. and all their joints are larger. all in all, i thought it was the best kit around and i went for it, and i dont regret a thing.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 3378
RE's 3 link is actually going to be fully adjustable unlike the FT, but it's not available quite yet. They expect to release it April - May.
[url=http://www.redrock4x4.com]http://www.redrock4x4.com[/url]
[url=http://www.redrock4x4.com/gallery]My Pics[/url]
marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 06:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 27832
I personally think on MOST things RE does their research. I would do a little thinking and either buy the 3 link or modify the existing stuff to go no rear track bar.
[I][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Silver"]Tube bending, mig and tig welding, rollcage design, and cnc plasma cutting avaliable. For info call (209)402-6433[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/center]
cherokee kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 24350
Why in Hell is RE crap being discussed here? Refer to #26 of the Newbie FAQ

"26. No one here cares if Rubicon Express's control arms are better than Teraflex's(clayton)... make your own damn it!"
lugie_98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 902
The question in the thread was about a 3-link option from RE...The comparision was in design...not a comparision in which "should I buy". Therfore you can eat a bowl of dicks with a cold rusty spoon...
AustnJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 1636
what the hell is a re? i got my links from newark steel supply, bungs from bluetorch and the hiems from fk bearing.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Contributing Lurker

Member # 36298
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustnJPR
The question in the thread was about a 3-link option from RE...The comparision was in design...not a comparision in which "should I buy". Therfore you can eat a bowl of dicks with a cold rusty spoon...
Thank you. Said most eloquently.

No one has yet addressed the positioning of the flex joint. What would be the pros/cons of a given orientation (no, I'm not talking about sexual preferences!) Which way will handle the load and stresses best?
Old 03-15-2005, 06:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 112

[COLOR=Lime] Stiffy®? why screw around with anything less? [/COLOR]

Charter member PBB mod divorce club for men.
Steve N is offline   Reply With Quote