Pirate 4x4 banner

Help With 4runner

459 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Pazuzu 
#1 ·
So, I'm new to the Yota world, and am looking at getting a 4runner crawler/dd. I've always been attracted to them and now I am looking into getting one.

I've found two that are reasonably close to me, but as of now I cannot tell which one would be the better choice.

1. With this 4runner, it needs a new e-brake cable and the speedometer hooked up. I will most likely look into a shop to do that, but if it is a simple fix I can do it myself. I was just wondering as to how simple it would be to do.

2. As for the other 4runner, I have found that I like it very much, but would prefer it to have a different front bumper much like a Shrockworks, or at least something more solid, even a stock bumper.

Basically, what I would like to know is if either one of these is worth the money spent, and if so, which one would you prefer. Accidentally posted in the "Wanted Section", party foul :(.
Thankyou for your Help and Opinons.

#2 ·
Ok #1... Thats not going to be much of a daily driver mainly bc of the tires. Trust me on that one, I have a 92 runner that I sased and im running 36 12.5 swamper sx's. The width, weight, and tread of those tires are going to be miserable on the street.

#2 will be a much better DD and if your are out west in a dry area you wont need much more than MTR's in fact if you want to do rocks you will be better off with the MTR's

I like #2.

But #1 has a stick and #2 has an auto so whatever your prefernce is....

Welcome to pirate:flipoff2:

#3 ·
I will most likely be swapping out the TSL's on the first choice until I go up to Lake Trinity and do some loose fire trails and mudding. I would much rather have a stick, so I am more headed towards the first choice.

What does it take to install a new ebrake cable, I have read that when installing certain lifts it becomes damaged and such, is all I really need a new cable?

Also, as for the speedometer not being hooked up, due to a missing adapter? Where would I be able to buy one?

If you see anything somewhat "sketchy" about this 4runner, other than the "oDd TyPinG" please let me know.

#4 ·
The speedo adapter is because he got the crawler box, it's a 6 inch or so extension, easy to install on the tranny end.

Now...with older Toy trucks, when you break the speedo, the odometer no longer turns. He drove the truck, and the gauge doesn't represent this. If you go for this one, make sure that you and he know that the odometer reading on your title is now wrong (mechanical error) and will be forever.

Who knows how long he's been cruising around collecting miles that are not shown on the gauge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.