Pirate 4x4 banner

Wrap Bar Advice

577 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  GoTime 
#1 ·
Since i got reamed for putting this in the other 4x4 discussion, I'll post my question here. We have all been new once, but my question was...I did an xj rear spring conversion on my first build. Its not completed yet, But i have been told that i am going to need some sort of wrap bars to help with axle wrap, and wheel hop and everything. Im running a 350 with high compression, and cam..about 375 or something, and rubicon express springs that seem pretty soft. So that should have some effect on needing them. I have heard they can be built like lower four links, Just looking for the best way, any ideas would be great, thanks.

#2 ·
Ah, dood, you didn't get reamed that much, besides, I was typing another helpful response when you deleted the thread. Anyways, my advice is to buy a red star, support the board, and do your research. There are a dozen ways to build anti-wrap bars and they've all been covered here, with pics. Check them all out and decide whats best for you. Although you could put four-link like bars in, they will kill your flexibility without a shackle mount or something akin to that.

#4 ·
Good on ya :beer:

Although I wouldn't be surprised if you go with the common bar/shackle setup its good to see all the different ways of going about it and see what you like the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.