Pirate 4x4 banner

Dodge D70 front in SAS

717 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  chris walker 
#1 ·
I've got a 97 chevy k1500 which I plan on sas'ing. I have a kid locally that says he can give me a good deal on a dana 70 out of a dodge, hes almost certain that its a driver side drop. He's checkin for me tomorrow, but I'm also wondering what would be the differences between using this dodge 70 instead of a ford hp 60. Would I still be able to do crossover steering just like everyone else who is using a 60? Is it worth the hassle or should I just keep looking for a 60?

Please come school a noob. :rasta:

#3 ·
older dodge axles are passenger side drop, and since youre saying dana 70 front i assume it would be from an older (read early 70s) dodge. and the odds are also good its closed knuckle.

Duane

#4 ·
Or it could be a LP driver drop 60 out of a newer Dodge and the idiot thinks it's a 70:shaking:

#5 ·
If indeed it is a open knuckle 70 then crossover is the same as a 60. Only major difference in 60s and 70s is the pumpkin and outer stubs. But the kingpins are the same, so standard 60 arms will work. But, if it is a Dodge 70, then it's pass side drop, and your case is drivers side. Either swap t-cases, sell the 70 and get an HP60.

#6 ·
theydontstop said:
Or it could be a LP driver drop 60 out of a newer Dodge and the idiot thinks it's a 70:shaking:
also possible. if this is the case, its not really worth swapping in over a hp ford 60, since its a CAD axle and some odd spline count like 32 or something.

Duane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.