Pirate 4x4 banner

Who's who in the R&P's?

577 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  k-d-williams 
#1 ·
What are the better brands of R&P's?
What brands to stay away from?
I have heard that there are only a few gear cutters around. They make gears for a number of company's and they just get reboxed for whatever brand. Any idea of which brands are the same but just reboxed?

#3 ·
Spicer = :nuke:

:flipoff2:

Spicer seems to be the best, but are harder to find in the more desirable ratios that most of us look for. All the trash about Yukons is usually just that, trash. I wholly believe that most gear failures are from set up issues. That being said, I'd still buy Alloy USA over most, if they were the same price that is. I'll keep my tolerances good and just run Yukons for now, if they go, I'll know it wasn't my set up, and I'll switch.

#4 ·
I'm very partial to Yukon. I was running "Yukon" 4.56 in my toyota for many years with lots of abuse with no problems. Changed gears to a "Genuine Gear" 5.29 in summer of '05 and broke the rear ring gear 3 months later while playing in the sand. I replaced it with a new "Yukon 5.29" in the rear and have not had any problems. The set-up was very good with the Genuine Gear but failed anyway. My personal feeling is not to buy those again even if on sale! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed in the front. Just my .02.:flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.