Pirate 4x4 banner

4 link joint questions

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Phantom1016 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to 4 link my truck and was wondering what you guys thought of using the regulatr fk steel rod ends 3/4" and a flex joint on the other end for my links. will these give me enough flex or should i do something else? I'm also on a tight budget on this thing so any help is appreciated.

#3 ·
i would think so the truck won't weigh over 2800 lbs when i get it trail ready and i'm only running a 4cyl and toy axles. what would you guys reccommend

#7 ·
While we're on topic...At what point do you go from bushing on one end and flex joint on the other to needing flex joints on both ends?

I've seen some pretty crazy flex from suspensions using ALL bushings, and I'm trying to decide whether to use a bushing and flex joint or all flex joints.

#8 ·
i'd say if you have the money go all flex joints they will allow the most flex and durability. a buddy of mine has a linked scout on pro rocks his has the bushings and has worn through 2 rear bushings on only 2 trips (to the con)

#9 ·
To buy heims that would make me feel good enough about their strength, you would spend atleast 50-60$ before tax and shipping, with the research I've done on them.

You can get basic Johnny Joints for $35 a piece, and with rebuild kits and all the tools you need, you won't have to take off and replace the entire piece.

I wouldn't go bushings at all IMO. The only place I have a bushing is on the top end of my trac bar, with a heim at the bottom to allow a static mounting point. Guess it depends how much flex and articulation you are looking to get out of it though.

#10 ·
i'm running 3/4" heimies' on my rig and i'm at 4000lbs in my pig of a pathy. These heimies have a 28k lb static load rating. I have bent my 1.5" x .250 dom links but the joints are just fine. You can get them from mcmaster car for 45 bucks each

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.