Pirate 4x4 banner

05 3/4 tire size?

615 views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  jeepinrombo 
#1 ·
it's time to put some new rubber on the tow rig. 05 crew cab 4wd. don't mind cranking the torsion bars a bit mabey a little triming with the sawzall. was tinking a 33 will go no problem and mabey a tight 35

#4 ·
They can fit 285/75/16's stock(33x11.50x16) but most of the Chevy rims are 6.5 or 7" wide and alot of tire place will not mount 285's on 7" wide rims anymore. How an 11.50 on a 7 is any different than a 12.50 on an 8 is beyond me. But if you get new 8" wide rims, you'll have to crank the bars just a little bit. If you find a place that will mount 285's on your stock rims, they'll clear fine the way it sits.

#6 ·
I know several people, including my dad, who have 285/75 tires on the stock 6.5" wide rims that were installed by tire stores.

Anyway, my dad's truck is an '02 with the different front body style which appears to have a little more room in the fenderwell than the '03 and later styles (I have an '03). On the '02 we had to trim the bottom edge off the front air spoiler, shim the corner braces of the front bumper (man, that thing is flimsy) out just a hair, and shimmed the innerfender supports just a touch. They still barely rub the plastic inner fenders under the right conditions but it doesn't hurt anything and you can only tell by the light rub marks on the innerfenders.

I have 265/75s (about 32's) on my '03, which also has the heavier snowplow front torsion bars, and while they do not rub they just barely clear. I can just barely slip my fingers in between the tire tread and several parts of the fenderwells.

#8 ·
I know several people, including my dad, who have 285/75 tires on the stock 6.5" wide rims that were installed by tire stores.
Fantastic, I know atleast a handful of people where I live that had 285's installed on 6.5" and 7" wide rims and now when they go to buy new tires, the same place they got their last set of 285's from won't do it. I'm just throwing that out there cause it's something to consider. If he lives somewhere that won't, he's either stuck with stock, buying new rims, or mounting them himself.

#7 ·
Stock tires on new chevys look gay. Too narrow for my taste. Ive got 285s and had to trim a little on my 04 2500.

#9 ·
I have 305's on stock rims and they don't rub at all. I also have 285"s on
16x8"s and they rub under any flex while turning. The BS on them is like 3" though. I have run 255"/85"s and barely on the 16x8"s. The t-bars are cranked about 3 turns. This is an 01' HD with an aftermarket front bumper.

#13 ·
. don't mind cranking the torsion bars a bit mabey a little triming with the sawzall.

With this in mind, I know a guy with the same truck as u running a315/70 on stock wheels. Some trimming on the front plastic, and some cranking on the bars. Looks pretty good. With the right frame of mind, the possibilities are endless:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.