Pirate 4x4 banner

mild suspension build help

702 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  design311 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to toyotas. I've had a few jeeps with lifts. Anyway I would like to add a little lift, 2-3 inches to my 94 runner 3.0 5 spd. I was looking at the OME kit. Is there any reason to buy the new torsion bars as oppposed to cranking up the old ones? Also is there any thing that needs to be adjusted/lengthened? Can the stock gearing handle 32 inch tires or will it be a dog?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Are there others lifts worth looking into?
Thanks for any input.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Yes I really recommend yotatech, they have a good forum plub full of slightly modified rigs, lots-o-info there.
In the top of the Toyota FAQ there is a explenation of how to search the forums using google.

If you are more or less just wanting to get the lift to run 32-33s and not looking for much performance gain, then I would recommend doing a mild body lift 1-2", downey coils, or spacer in the rear to help the saggy butt out, then turn up the factory torsion bars slightly. add some slight fender triming/bashing and you should be sitting pretty.

#6 ·
Try 4wheel parts wholesalers. They should have a kit that will work for you. As far as gearing, go with 4.88's for 32's or it will be a dog.

#10 ·
Just crank the tbars about 1" - 1.5", buy a rear coil spacer and a Roger Brown 1" bodylift and have fun with it until you can afford to go bigger. Most of us started out that way. Learn to drive your rig like that, then build it bigger :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.