Pirate 4x4 banner

Atlas winches

952 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Mud Dragon 
#1 ·
So I thought i'd post here to avoid any flaming.

I'm finally in the market for a winch. I have been doing alot of searching and i came accross a brand i don't know anything about. We all know that as a general rule, Warn is the way to go, but with the prices its hard to swallow.

has anybody ever heard of, or used an Atlas winch?
I have found one, 9500lb 3 stage planetary drive, 5.5 HP motor, wireless remote.. 400 bucks.

I don't wheel often, maybe once or twice a month, but i do wheel pretty hard when i do go.

Any imput.. seams like a swinging deal to me.

#4 ·
Thats good to know, and isn't ramsey actually made by MM?

I'm also looking at the M8000 Warn, but i really like the wireless remote of the Atlas.

I'll make my decision this week.

#5 ·
Ramsey is not made bye MM. I have a Ramsey 9500 and have great things to say about it. I've had my Ramsey winch for 6 years and no problems. I did pull a CJ7 out of the mud when his warn locked up..:eek: All the local EMS and Fire trucks run Ramsey's and they told me they have never had any problems. I paid 495.00 + 9.00 shipping from summit . I found a sale on the web and told summit and they beat the price. Warn & Ramsey are good winches. Don't bye a no name winch. Just my 2 cent and I first wasted my money on a HF winch..:nuke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.