Pirate 4x4 banner

some 9" questions

949 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  67FLAT4 
#1 ·
I was given a 9 inch, well pieces of a 9'' and I dont know what vehicle it came out of, I think the guy said it was a 70 something F150 but I cant remeber. So I grabbed as much info on it as I could since I didnt find a bomb number or and ID tag to get a reference from. So what I do know is it is 60 inches from backing plate mount to backing plate mount ( see first pic) and the leaf spring purches are 42 inches from ech other ( inside ot inside measurement) it had 28 spline shafts. The third member casting had these numbers C7AW 4025e 19. It had 42-10 gears and I belive the bolts for the backing plate are 7/16s and are 1 1/2 inches long.

The main questions that i had are:
-I am planning on doing a 35 spline spooled rear, no will i be able to run the 35 spline shafts without boring out the axle tubes.

-is this a big bearing or small bearing housing/axles? thanks for any help.

See less See more
#6 ·
the best way to tell (without taking the axle apart) is by the shape of the plate where the tube meets the backing plate. i'm not on my home computer (and won't be for a few days) so i can't fine the site that has pictures, but it was posted on this forum at some point. maybe someone here remembers some more about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.