Pirate 4x4 banner

hydraulic steering shaft

602 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Holten 
#1 ·
Parts do I need to replace my steering shaft with a hydraulic setup? I am not doing a full hydro set up, I just want to get rid of my steering shaft. Thanks

#3 ·
i would'nt want to hijack your post but i think were looking for the same information here...

i have to build a complete hydro setup to run 42'', i know little in hydraulic & would like to do the right move the 1st time, what kind of info do we need, what kind of pump, valve, ....

heard i need a 1.5 double cylinder, i know psc looks to be THE supplier for all the gizmo but is there any model, spec, or other things i need to know before i invest 1000/1500$ in a system

thanks

#4 ·
Go to the tech section of BilVistas. He has an article there all about hydrostatic steering. Read that as many times as you can until you understand that. Then use the search button and search for pictures/desriptions of setups. There are hunderds here on pirate. Then call Station here on pirate4x4. He will set you up 100% with the best stuff that you need.

As for a full hydro setup. usally a 2 or a 2.5 inch double ended ram is comman. Then a new, high output high pressure power steering pump. Then a steering valve. The steering valve is critical, as there are TONS of options. Like return to center, hydralic bypass port, how many turn left to right, steering after the pump is shut off(engine dead steering), etc... PM Station after you read all of Bilvistas tech articles on the subject. I talked with Sean(station) for a few hours BEFORE I placed an order. He is VERY good at what he does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.