Pirate 4x4 banner

Twin Sticks

660 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Matt79 
#1 · (Edited)
[b]Twin Sticks[/b]

I've never personally ran twin sticks but have driven other rigs that had them. I didn't spend enough time to really use it or expereince it to the best advantage. Some say its a lot of shifting for nothing ( I tend to think they have not spent much time with it) others have said is great for sliding the rear tires around rocks, or wheeling with the rear only until you need the front or vice versa, etc.

Whats your opionion, your expereince, in what situation did you use it and are you running twin sticks now and are glad you are?

#2 ·
I run a twin sticked 300 and will never look back. I use it most in snow, but sometimes it comes in handy in the rocks. I run a lock-right in my frt and when I come to a tight spot on the trail I unlock the front. If you adjust it right they move without to much effort.

#3 ·
x2
I use mine in the snow more then i ever thought i would. A locked frontend doesnt always want to cooperate around corners, especially on the slick stuff. easier to just dump it into 2WL when i need the lowspeed torque then to jump out and unlock hubs in 20 inches of snow. Also, i've found the front wheel drive option handy when trying to stay straight on a nasty slippery spot where the backend wants to walk.

Likewise, on dry trails, taking tight turns is easier with the frontend disengaged. I've also used the frontwheel drive to walk the frontend into a better line.

#4 · (Edited)
Some say its a lot of shifting for nothing
How many of these guys are are running auto trannys too? :shaking:

I run an Atlas in my TJ. I like the ability to drive the fire trails and easy sections of the trail in 2WD lo. This reduces the strain on your driveline when it is not needed. I tend to not engage the front until it is needed.

While it is not a twin stick, the dual cases in my Yota has the same advantage of 2WD lo only you can't engage the front only like a twin stick.

#5 ·
im runnin a twin sticked 205 and i love it. i dont find myself shifting very often, but it's nice to have a little flexibility when the time comes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.