Pirate 4x4 banner

M1008 options/opinions

651 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DooDoo Brown 
#1 ·
I am deciding what tires to run on my M1008. It is stock with 16" steel rims. I am installing 4" springs in the front and a shackle flip in the rear. Here is what I am thinking.

1: 36x13.00 R16 IROK Bias plys on the stock rims. I can get 4 of these tires locally for $500

2: 37x12.50 R16.5 TRXUS MT's on Hummer Rims. I can get these tires locally for 195.00 each. I do not have the H1 rims

I know the IROK wear fast and may be streching it on my heavy a%$ truck but I can do this cheapest. I also do not DD it but just toot around town and hunt/fish/camp/play with it.

I would prefer the TRXUS MT's, but as I do not have the hummer rims which is what I would like to run. That would cost me a bit extra. I know I would have to use spacers or recenter the rims with my 60 front. I have done searches on this, but still wonder how strong spacers are? Would they be a weak link?

Let me know what you all think. :flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.