Pirate 4x4 banner

headlight bulbs

643 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  OliveToy 
#1 ·
so i am looking at lightbulbs and i want to know what is it means when they say 5000k or 8500k bulbs... what is 5000k or 8500k, and also which ones are better? thanks

#3 ·
It's a dumb way of measuring color and tricking the consumer into buying something better. Kinda like megapixels on cameras.

You're looking for HID's?
Bulbs are typically not rated at that number unless you're getting scammed IMO.

#4 ·
Just watch out for those crappy blue tinted bulbs they claim are brighter. They don't work for crap. I have purchased regular bulbs but in higher wattage that really blaze. 100/55 watt are super bright. If anybody has the old sealed beams you can buy Bosch H4 reflectors with those high wattage bulbs. You will be amazed at the light they give. They go right in where the seal beam was and use the modern bulbs with no wiring changes, if your existing wiring will carry the amperage. If not just get lower wattage bulbs. Those H4's are killer but technicaly not DOT approved.

#5 ·
If you're not looking at hids but want a good bulb with nice light output run teh sylvannia silver stars. i run them in my trail rigs and my dd and wouldn't run any other bulb

#8 ·
More watts=more light.
absolutely wrong. more watts equals more heat. more efficient light housing optics and more efficient bulb equals more light.

best halogen bulbs (save the "hir" design as I know nothing about those) are Osram Silverstars. have to order them though. they are not tinted like the US spec sylvania models and they are brighter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.