Pirate 4x4 banner

Flat top question

531 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  na83cj7 
#1 ·
Asked this question in chevy but never got an answer. Do you have to machine the flat top knuckle on a d44 to run crossover? I ran crossover on my d60 and just built a jig for the 1" steel and bent in a 10* correction. According to my el cheapo degree finder, the 10* angle is the same on the d44 knuckle. So, can you leave the flat top knuckle as is and just make an arm that has the 10* correction for the offset? Thanks!

#3 ·
yes it needs to flatend just for the fact that they are not in tended to have stuff bolted to them so the were not concernd with them when they were made.

it is easier in the long run to mill your 10* in to the knuckle rather than bend the arm for the simple fact that if you want new arms you will have to bend them again.

#4 ·
You need to machine the surface, and then use a mill(or be very good at a drill press) to do the holes. I didnt, and both sides were diffrent. Then the bad contact sheered off the studs(that were not in strait to begin with). Now I have a set of d44's with 1800 bucks into them that need new flat tops. I should of just purchased some insted of went the route I did.

Also watch your ackerman angle when your setting up your arms. I didnt... Bad idea for a rig driven on the street at all IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.