Pirate 4x4 banner

'93 Blazer 4x4

739 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Merace19 
#1 ·
looking to get into the 4x4 scene again, found a '93 Full size blazer 4x4. it has 151k on the clock, just wondering if theres anything specific i need to look for before purchasing it. they have $2000 on the window but im hoping to get it for 1500, thanks!

#3 ·
4wd actuator is often faulty on these. GM does offer an upgraded one and a recall has been offered around that time. Trans may be problematic if it hasn't been rebuilt by now. I believe it was the 4L60E from '93 on. You do know it is IFS right.....no lockers or LSD avail for it. What are you looking to do with it (besides SAS'ing it)? LOL

#7 ·
Looks ok. If you can get it for 1500 go for it. Rust on the brake booster may have ate all the way though so check that. Look at the brakes,C/V joints, check tie rods, the idler arm all the steering in general. Check the engine for codes. If it cranks and runs down the road with no problems it should be ok. You can get a trans shop to do one of there free checks on it for ya to make sure its going to be ok. Engine should be good for 200k if the oil was even have ass changed.

#9 · (Edited)
well since tomorrows MLK day, i guess ill have to wait until tuesday. he says this use to be a consumers truck, so now i kinda understand why its cheaper then normal. test drove it last week, had a slight hesitation during cold run, but after it warmed up it drove great. check engine light came on, on the way back so gotta bring the scanner tuesday as well

#14 ·
Some people are easy to read, You must have "I'll pay more" look when you are talking to him. Peel that bread out and say thats it. If he says no then say all the faults it has then look him in the eye and say that's ALL i got I need the rest for repairs. Give him your number and then THANK him or her for there time and walk away. If he wants it sold he will call you. He needs to make 4-500 profit on each truck or car to stay in business, More on some special rides that people just have to have. But on the most part 4-500. I am betting he has 1200 to 1400 in it.
Thats why he Will take 2000 6-800 profit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.