Pirate 4x4 banner

detroit true trac characteristics

626 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  hylyf 
#1 · (Edited)
just bought a 90 bronco with a detroit locker in the rear and a true trac in the front. went out on my maiden wheelin voyage today with this truck and it did great, with the exeption of it pulling in wierd directions when the wheels would start spinning, I was doing a decent climb up a ridge when it got alittle soft under both wheels, and they started spinning, then it totally pulled hard to the left and almost sent me down the wrong side of the ridge fun fun, anyway, it did this a few times more just not as bad and it was to either side, no more to the left than the right. is this normal for the truetrac? does it do this when it starts transfering power to the wheel with traction? any info would be helpful. thanks :beer:
Jim

#2 ·
My opinion is THEY ARE JUNK. I spent $ on one for the front of my Toy and it sucked from day one. Took it out and spent $ on the full detroit and would not trade it for anything. Take it for what it is worth. I would slap an EZ locker in one before I do the tru trac thing again.

#3 · (Edited)
I agree it's a piece of shit for any kind of even half ass serious wheelin'. Once you get a tire in the air or get in something really loose, it's useless. I've only been wheelin' a year and regret the trutrack more than anything I've wasted $$$ on.

I didn't listen when people tried to warn me that it would NOT perform as well as a full or selectable would off road and now I'm regretting it. I purchased one brand new. Luckily I stumbled upon an used ARB for my front diff that will be going in as soon as I get off my ass and get it done.

It's great for a daily driver though....

Tommy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.