Pirate 4x4 banner

3/4 ton brake lines for 73 blazer need help

519 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  shortbusracer 
#1 ·
73 blazer 14 bolt rear with 8 lug converted 44 front. Excisitng brake lines have different fittings that screw into calipers and drums. What should i do about this have custom lines made? does anyone sell a product like this?

#2 ·
Not sure what the deal is ..

But i have taken and put the nuts off the old line onto the new ones and reflared .. or before i had a flare tool Id cut the line and couple it back with a ferrule coupler

Just be sure to put the right nut on there.

It could be a different sized line you need to check that.

And Auto parts stores sell Flare adaptors that may fix you right up .. Now finding someone that knows what they have and how to sell it is another.

#3 ·
different fittings that screw into calipers and drums.

right there is your problem you are trying to use fittings for drum brake brakecylinder(drum brakes do not use calipers) on a disc brake caliper.. you need to get brake lines for a Blazer or truck that came with front disc brakes.. Not sure what year Chevy first put disc brakes on their trucks but I would go ask for a brake line for a 76 Blazer/truck..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.