Pirate 4x4 banner

Durabak vs. Herculiner.

9K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  actionpaintball 
#1 ·
I'm about get DIY project to line my jeep, and two truck beds and I'm not sure which to buy cuz I have no experience with either product. The herculiner is cheaper, but usually cheaper means crappy. I'm gunna need a lot obviously so the cheaper route would be nice but I don't want to be regretting buying the cheaper stuff in 3 months after the liner starts coming up on its own

#2 ·
I used Herculiner on the interior of my Commando and was very happy with the quality and the finished product. I did 2 thick coats on the entire inside of the tub and I used about 1.25 gallons. Make sure you use a power drill mixer, it makes a big difference in the amount of texture.
Can't say much about longevity yet, its only been on 3 weeks.:D

#3 ·
Don't get Durabak , I have used it on 3 of my jeeps and a truck. I fades fast in the South and I tried there UV and still the same. I stripped my paint to bare metal and primed it before I applied it. I went mudding and came home to pressure wash it and pulled some of the Durabak . Buy the Herculiner, I used it last some on my J10 and still looks good. Plus you can get it at walmart any time and not pay shipping and wait a week. Good look

#5 · (Edited)
Well i dont know much about duraback personally, but my friend has used it in the interior of his chevy.It is great but we stripped it down to bare metal and then applied it. I have used hurculiner myself 2 times on 2 differnt trucks. The first time i rolled it on with 2 good coats, and within months the scratches that i put in it started to peel off. Know this last application I used a homade spray gun and sprayed it on there and it has held strong for almost a year now.

#6 ·
THEY'RE THE SAME PRODUCT. same specs! durabak in aimed at industrial usage and comes in a variety of colors, while herculiner is mostly advertised as all automotive and comes in like 3 colors. they're about the same price, but herculiner you can find on sale for $60 or so, durabak is pretty much ganna cost.

I have them both on my rig and others for 2-5 years (depending on which one) and I havn't noticed ANY fading or peeling from either with the UV properly used (on properly treated areas, we messed up on one guys fenders) Also, the cureing time for both is 1 year. they can be used for rough work in 1 week, but I wouldn't expect it to peel any after that... wierd

#9 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.