dana 44 help - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 106540
Question dana 44 help

i just purchased a shortened chevy dana 44 for my isuzu rodeo solid axle swap. i had my friend press new ball joints on the knuckles and along with some of the rebuild parts i purchased came these hollow threaded bolts that go on the end of the axle that control alignment camber. on the axle i bought these were removed and needed to be replaced. how far down do i thread these down? i was told not to mess with these bolts but i have to because they are non existant in my axle.can anyone help? i dont want to do this wrong.
Rodeo Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 43101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo Show View Post
with some of the rebuild parts i purchased came these hollow threaded bolts that go on the end of the axle that control alignment camber. on the axle i bought these were removed and needed to be replaced. how far down do i thread these down?
Solid axles don't have camber adjusters, it's in 'theory' not needed because camber won't change unless the housing or spindles are damaged.

Last edited by Bandit0; 02-11-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Bandit0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 106540
split ring. its inside the "c" part of the axle. the upper ball joint goes through this. how far down do i thread this? sorry i should i have stated my question alot better the first time. im going to run the axle shaft bare until i get my gears. get er' in the air.as long as it rolls, steers, and brakes its cool.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 106540
split ring. its inside the "c" part of the axle. the upper ball joint goes through this. how far down do i thread this? sorry i should i have stated my question alot better the first time. im going to run the axle shaft bare until i get my gears. get er' in the air.as long as it rolls, steers, and brakes its cool.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 43101
By the book says to install the split ring flush with the top of 'c', others will say go a quarter of the way down, I think it doesn't matter either way as long as you torque it to 50 ft/lbs before installing the castle nut.