eed help wiht tires - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 107393
eed help wiht tires

ok so i got a 77 chevy k10 lifted 4 inches on 35s right know i have a chance to get killer deal on 38s my friend wants to trade my 35s for his 38s and rims his tires are toyo open countrys and have about 90 percent tred left mine micky tompson baja claws 70 percent tred and just steel american racing wheels id be gettin black beadlocks and like brand new 38s for like free but heres the probelm first how much would i have to cut because my trucks pretty clean and i dont want to fuck the body all up and second i have stoke axels 10 bolt rear would this be a problem im eventually going bigger on axels but not this moment as fuonds are low being that im only 16 thanks any advice would be greatly appriciated
garett smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 21622
Send a message via AIM to Corey Young Send a message via Yahoo to Corey Young
My '79 Chev had 6" springs 1" ORD body lift and 38"x12.5 TSLs with minimal rubbing on the front untrimmed fenders.

Last edited by Corey Young; 10-27-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Corey Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2008, 06:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 64089
Send a message via AIM to 800MJ
jesus do you write your highshcool papers like this too? my guess is theres tons of other shit on your truck that you need to fix before you make a trade for 38" tires and snap your axles. not to mention your still on stock gears. best case scenario you only snap an axleshaft and can find another if you save up your lunch money.
[QUOTE=roastbeef;10323284]last night, this girl was sucking my dick and she stated licking my balls and then she starteld likcing my ass. i almost nuttd right on top of her fucking head before i got to stick it in her.

im drunk.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sucker;10784484]ok straight six and reliable don't go together. But have fun with that one.[/QUOTE]
800MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
What did you expect?

Member # 119290
How wide are the beadlock rims?, what is the backspace? ( distance from back edge of rim to the face that sits against the studs ) As for the ten bolts
standing up to 38" tires, They won't tolerate much abuse, on or off road. If you excersize good judgement with the skinny pedal, they can last a while.
( brakes are on the overworked end, though ) If you are planning to get aggressive off road, I'd stay with 35" And wait for bigger axles to go to 38"
HAPPYJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 21622
Send a message via AIM to Corey Young Send a message via Yahoo to Corey Young
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800MJ View Post
jesus do you write your highshcool papers like this too? my guess is theres tons of other shit on your truck that you need to fix before you make a trade for 38" tires and snap your axles. not to mention your still on stock gears. best case scenario you only snap an axleshaft and can find another if you save up your lunch money.
Newbie General 4x4 Discussion rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This forum has been created for Newbies to ask less than hard core questions. Our goal is to keep the other forums focused on hard core tech, and have somewhere to send people new to the sport at the same time. We also want to be able to move the less than hard core tech from the other forums somewhere.

Flaming newbies will not be tolerated in this forum. If you don't want to help people with their questions, don't visit this forum.
Corey Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Young View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This forum has been created for Newbies to ask less than hard core questions. Our goal is to keep the other forums focused on hard core tech, and have somewhere to send people new to the sport at the same time. We also want to be able to move the less than hard core tech from the other forums somewhere.

Flaming newbies will not be tolerated in this forum. If you don't want to help people with their questions, don't visit this forum.

Lighten up ...... that was NOT FLAMMING at all did you even read any of it??

So to answer the question, .......

you have a 1/2 ton truck with stock gearing, If you want to build it bigger your going to need srtonger axles.

You said your 16 and your "fuonds are low"..... I've been in those shoes and looking back I wish I would have kept my truck in good reliable shape while collecting parts to build it bigger.....
Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
What did you expect?

Member # 119290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Young View Post

well said! not that it was a harsh flame, but this isn't the place for that.
hell, even Grumpy is almost pleasant here...
HAPPYJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 122348
You said your 16 and your "fuonds are low"..... I've been in those shoes and looking back I wish I would have kept my truck in good reliable shape while collecting parts to build it bigger.....[/QUOTE]

i would have to agree, collect parts as they come along, you will save alot more money in the long run. i know its cool to have some big tires on your rig but it wont be so cool when its sittin in the driveway at home broke down until you can afford to put a bigger axle in there.
BrownTown is offline   Reply With Quote