first time auto trans build - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 114516
first time auto trans build

So i swapped my 2wd output to a 4wd in my 700r4. I"m replacing the clutches and putting a shift kit in it while it's in pieces. Is there any thing i should watch out for when putting the new clutches back in or is it as simple as everyone else makes it seem?

Automatics are still new to me so i'm just a little intimidated by this thing. Any suggestions on other common wear parts to replace?

I keep hearing about replacing the sprags (i think thats what they are called) but from what i've seen online i should be ok in the hp range i'm in. Running a stock tbi 350 so my hp isn't going to be super high, anyone else had issues with them around the 200 hp range?

I've checked all of the gears and what internals i could see for any stress cracks and havn't seen anything with extreme visible wear. Basically i'm unsure whether i should just slap it together and see what breaks or go ahead and replace more of the internals now.

Last edited by TrueJunk; 02-09-2009 at 08:09 PM.
TrueJunk is offline   Reply With Quote