S10 Manual Locking Hubs - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 121755
S10 Manual Locking Hubs

Anyone know where i can get a set of maunal locking hubs for a 87 Chevy S10 Blazer? I would really love to do away with the vacuum operated lockout system. It has let me down to many times. I have checked Warn and they dont have them and ive google searched and still havent come up with anything. So if anyone can help me please do would be much apriciated
Old 05-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Table Rock Crawler

Member # 115122
there is a cable operated upgrade that replaces the vaccum diaframe and lines google posilock
Old 05-12-2009, 08:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 100171
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb63vet View Post
Anyone know where i can get a set of maunal locking hubs for a 87 Chevy S10 Blazer? I would really love to do away with the vacuum operated lockout system. It has let me down to many times. I have checked Warn and they dont have them and ive google searched and still havent come up with anything. So if anyone can help me please do would be much apriciated
You will not find them because they do not exist. That is not how the front axle engagement works on S-10's.

There is a vacuum actuated sliding collar on the passenger side of the front differential that locks the two front axles together in 4wd. To eliminate the vacuum system, you need to replace it with a cable-pull posi-lock type device as described in the second post and cap the line from the transfer case or replace the sliding collar and two piece passenger side shaft with a one-piece shaft from an AWD Oldsmobile Bravada.
DonoHUGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 121755
i know this is a long time after the fact and sorry but forgot about the site i was looking for a solid axel set up for it and i found a Dana 35 front end worked wonderfully sorry about the lack of info on what i was totally looking for nothing but retardation on my part lol