np205 seal kit - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 147254
np205 seal kit

I bought a kit from 4wd factory las week and the seals are not the same size, when I placed the order I gave them the TC serial # model, etc but I got the wrong one is it possible someone changed the yokes on this tc and that is why I can't get the right one? all the yoke seals are the same size but the ones on the kit are not. What can I do to get the right kit and move on?

Also I searched the site and see many ask where to get a good kit but haven't seen where to get a rebuild manual and this kit didn't come with any instructions I can figure what to do but it is better for Me to start with a plan.

thank You.
93fordCTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 161233
I got my kit from Transtar and it didnt come with any guides either. Your best bet is going to be to search around for online write ups, but I was able to find a rebuild guide online that seemed like it was scanned out of a chiltons manual. Needless to say I didnt find any of the write ups or the guide helpfull, infact most just made it seem more daunting.

Take it apart and pay attention to how everything is. as you take it out lay it down in order and always the same end up (If it comes out with the lip up, set it down with the lip up), just pay attention.

Im sure if you search hard enough you will find a manual.

Call the company up with measurements of the seal you are getting that is wrong. I know transtar was very helpful when i had a question and directed me to someone who knew more than they did about it and got me taken care of.