please help verify this toyota noise between motor and tranny - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 64089
Send a message via AIM to 800MJ
please help verify this toyota noise between motor and tranny

ok so i have a whirring/whining/whistle noise that i can hear loudest with my "hose stethoscope" from the small drain hole at the bottom the the bellhousing. this noise doesnt go away when the clutch disengaged or engaged, and is rpm dependent. but i cant hear it over 2k rpm because its not loud enough over the motor. i think its crank bearings because:
-it cant be the trans input shaft bearing because its present with and without the clutch engaged
-it cant be the throwout bearing because of the same reason
-it cant be the pilot bearing because the pilot bearing doesnt spin at a different rate than the flywheel when the clutch is engaged
i also noticed that my crank pulley seems to have a slight wobble, and the bolt is not loose. the 22re has 262k on it. i just put another w56 trans and new clutch in about 1500 ago. its not lacking mpg or power that i can tell. i noticed the sound at the end of a 100 mile 65mph trip when i killed my music. Can i get a second opinion? i want to pull the tranny and bolt a bellhousing to the block so i can start it without the tranny, but i cannot do that now in the dark
[QUOTE=roastbeef;10323284]last night, this girl was sucking my dick and she stated licking my balls and then she starteld likcing my ass. i almost nuttd right on top of her fucking head before i got to stick it in her.

im drunk.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sucker;10784484]ok straight six and reliable don't go together. But have fun with that one.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by 800MJ; 04-03-2011 at 04:51 PM.
800MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 64089
Send a message via AIM to 800MJ
I was also just told it could be a sound coming from the flywheel that I didn't have resurfaced with the new clutch. I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound valid to me.
[QUOTE=roastbeef;10323284]last night, this girl was sucking my dick and she stated licking my balls and then she starteld likcing my ass. i almost nuttd right on top of her fucking head before i got to stick it in her.

im drunk.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sucker;10784484]ok straight six and reliable don't go together. But have fun with that one.[/QUOTE]
800MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
I See You

Member # 138976
based on what you described, it doesnt sound like a crank bearing. those tend to make loud noises and not really "whirring" type. once you wear though the thin babbit, the brass wears out fairly quickly.

i would say clutch or pilot bearing, but you are right that it should change as the clutch is released.

well, thats my .02 and hopefully it will at least get you some more responses to correct me if i am wrong
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Debauchery Wizard

Member # 80219
sounds like a totally toasted TO bearing. Main bearings don't make that kind of noise...not even close. If you can actually feel play in your crank, that whirring is the LEAST of your problems.