Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - Reply to Topic
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Rubicon Trail > Friends of the Rubicon 2012
Notices

Thread: Friends of the Rubicon 2012 Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
03-26-2012 11:11 AM
foxeod
Quote:
Originally Posted by worknplay View Post
The plan is to go till about 1. Then some RockHead chow.

Jerry
foods no good with them boys
03-24-2012 12:16 PM
worknplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76cjeep View Post
Does the meeting start at 9 on the dot?
Doubt it will start right at 9, but pretty close (thats the plan). Doesn't matter if you are a little late. The plan is to go till about 1. Then some RockHead chow.

Plenty of stuff to discuss. Agenda will be out in a few days.

Jerry
03-24-2012 12:46 AM
upinit I'm in.
03-23-2012 11:47 AM
76cjeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzila View Post
Remember, Country is the new rock. Or has rock gone Country?

I'll be there too.

Thank you Jerry for the work you do!
Either way is fine with me.

I don't know the likeliness of me making the meeting. I get off work at 8 am that morning. If the relief person comes in early I may be able to get out at 7:30-ish. Does the meeting start at 9 on the dot?
03-23-2012 11:34 AM
cruzila Remember, Country is the new rock. Or has rock gone Country?

I'll be there too.

Thank you Jerry for the work you do!
03-22-2012 09:15 PM
76cjeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
I listen to Bluegrass too. You know this, it even helped me out last saturday night
Phew...thank god you listen to something else besides crap...uh oops rap that is.
03-22-2012 09:14 PM
foxeod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
I listen to Bluegrass too. You know this, it even helped me out last saturday night


Your choices are almost as bad as mine my play list is so confused. Meeting getting close.
03-22-2012 08:08 PM
71BRONCO71
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvobsession View Post
That's so sad.. (Ryan's musical choices, not the meeting)
I listen to Bluegrass too. You know this, it even helped me out last saturday night
03-22-2012 07:23 PM
atvobsession That's so sad.. (Ryan's musical choices, not the meeting)


I know when there's a "bad guy"...like the Russians or Closure...people volunteer in droves....but just cause it's not looming, doesn't mean it's gone away or the work ends . We still have lots to do, and lots we will always have to do....So thank you Jerry!!!

Just remember..many hands make light work...and Rock Head meals help ease the pain!

www.rubiconfriends.com
03-22-2012 06:57 PM
71BRONCO71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76cjeep View Post
Hey Ryan. Let me look into that day. I may be able to make it too. Could we carpool??

Brian
Works for me. But you're going to have to listen to Rap music on the drive up
03-22-2012 05:06 PM
Rubicrawler I'll be there.
03-22-2012 04:50 PM
76cjeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
Something probably could be worked out with that. Maybe a Ustream type of thing.

Jerry, I'll clear my schedule and see if I can make the meeting.


-Ryan

Hey Ryan. Let me look into that day. I may be able to make it too. Could we carpool??

Brian
03-22-2012 02:03 PM
71BRONCO71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76cjeep View Post
Too bad the meeting couldn't be Skyped or something along these lines so people like me that have to work or whatever could see and hear what is going on. Just my $.02.
Something probably could be worked out with that. Maybe a Ustream type of thing.

Jerry, I'll clear my schedule and see if I can make the meeting.


-Ryan
03-20-2012 08:33 PM
76cjeep Too bad the meeting couldn't be Skyped or something along these lines so people like me that have to work or whatever could see and hear what is going on. Just my $.02.
03-18-2012 09:56 AM
resqme I'll be there Jerry. Looking forward to the County lettin' us work again with the DEIS behind us. Last year was pretty frustrating for me (and other's I'm sure), seeing work that needed doing, but having our hands tied by .gov bureaucracy.

Here's to getting out on the trail and a good volunteer year
03-17-2012 04:58 PM
FJ 40 Dave See you there.

Dave
03-09-2012 11:32 AM
worknplay FOTR Annual meeting reminder and assorted items:

Just a reminder that the FOTR Annual meeting is April 14th at the Cal4wdrive building.
Plan is to start at 9am and go through lunch and end around 1pm. There are a lot of items to discuss and we need your input. There will be an agenda out in a couple of weeks.

Start thinking about any projects! I would like to get the projects decided and scheduled at this meeting. Then I can submit them for approval.

*Here is one idea:

“Welcome to the Rubicon Trail” signs were discussed. The general thought was that this could be a volunteer project. We need feedback from FOTR and members can submit an idea for design. Once approved we can make and install the signs at Loon lake, Wentworth, and the Tahoe side. So here is our chance to design and get them up.

Tahoe Side: The Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit would like to work on the Tahoe staging area before the Memorial Weekend. Signage, moving boulders, and harden the edges and general cleanup. Will need volunteers and leads to take on these projects.

Here are some items that were discussed at the March ROC meeting:

*Discussion on DOT projects. Options still open on when to start. The weather (or lack of) might get the work started a little earlier this year.

*The county will be having a booth at the County Fair this year along with OHMVR for Rubicon Education. There will be some “large” rocks brought in with the idea being to put vehicles on the rocks to bring the people over to the display. So we need some people to step in and volunteer to hang out, answer questions, and pass out info. The county appreciates our volunteer efforts and would like us at the fair booth to answer questions and show how we work together on trail issues.

*Gerle Creek Bridge is scheduled to be up this year. Ellis is on the calendar for 2013.

*EDSO will have an Officer on the trail this year 3 to 4 days a week, a full time position.

*OHV will also have a presence on the trail. OHV will also be purchasing a Polaris RZR for the trail.


Thanks,
Jerry Reffner, Trail Boss
01-23-2012 02:02 PM
chexmix I hope to be around for a work party or two again this year and hopefully have the Under Construction 4x4 guys with me.
01-18-2012 11:38 AM
foxeod Just let me know what I need to do you know me
01-18-2012 11:22 AM
atvobsession Thanks Jerry for the update.

It's just a small part out of our lives to help keep the trail open for generations.
01-18-2012 11:08 AM
worknplay
Friends of the Rubicon 2012

Happy New Year everyone!

Time to start getting things going for the upcoming year.

The annual meeting is scheduled for April 14th. No agenda has been set yet, but figure on starting at 9 and going till 1 pm or so.
It is going to be at the Cal 4wheel Drive office at 8120 36th Avenue, Sacramento.

There are already a couple of projects in the works:

June 30th/July 1st. Work on Cadillac. This will be a pretty labor intensive project as there will be a couple projects going at he same time. We need some volunteers to step in and work as crew leaders and a cook crew to feed the troops. Details are still being worked out. So mark this on your calendar. This project has been in the works since last year. Thanks Rusty.

Try and get your club (if you are in one) to make this weekend a club run!

Also, there is a plan to work on the Hairpin Turn on Cadillac. The date as of right now is June 9th, but that all depends on trail conditions. Doug Barr is getting this going and you can contact him at
dougbarr (at) charter.net if you are interested in working this project. Thanks Doug.

El Dorado County values the volunteers and would like to hear from you. Without your efforts this trail would not be in the pristine condition it is. We would not have the support of the Board of Supervisors and State Parks if not for the volunteers. We have logged hundreds of hours over the years, all of which go towards the grant match.

Vickie is putting together the projects for this season and would like the projects to be meaningful to the volunteers. If you have projects or ideas please send her an email at vickie.sanders@edcgov.us. She will evaluate all requests and have a list of viable options for us by the April 14th meeting.

And as always, we have the work that we need to do yearly on the trail to comply with the Clean-up and Abatement Order.

Thanks and look forward to seeing everyone up on the trail!

Jerry Reffner

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.