Pirate 4x4 banner

Pics from 9/25/11 WTF!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jilo860 
#1 ·
Ok so here is how I started the day having fun with the family and enjoying the trip.

And then the trip and all our plans came to a complete stop... Literally!

So let me explain. While on top of the dam we saw some people launching their boats not at a typical boat launch. The water level was really really low. So we decided to drive down there and hang out by the water for a little bit. Once we were done playing we hopped in the Pathy and planned to head back to Globe, AZ to check out all the old buildings and just explore the town. Well we made it about 200 feet lol. I had no plans on mud bogging. The area I choose to drive through looked like it was mud at one point but it looked like it was all dried up. I thought to myself it might be a little sloppy under the crust but never in my life did I think it would end like this. Basically as soon as the truck was fully onto the crust it broke through and sunk like a rock. After two people tried to pull me out and after destroying two tow ropes we ended out calling in a tow truck to winch my poor pathy out. The more they tried to pull me out the deeper the front end would go. By the time we through in the towel and called the tow truck the driver front tire was almost 100% buried in the mud. My hi-lift was stuck in the mud like a fence post too.

So lesson learned. Never trust terrain that looks like it was wet at one point and dried up. The top might be dry but God only knows what kind of swamp is lurking underneath the surface.

Oh and whatever was in the mud took the paint right off my wheels when I went to wash the mud off.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.