Pirate 4x4 banner

91 2wd/4wd

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  heloflyboy 
#1 ·
I have a perfect 91 Nisisan 2wd reg cab truck. I found a 4wd aroud the same year model just sitting at a repair shop. My truck needs to be a 4wd for particular reasons. My question is if it is within the same yr range will all the 4wd stuff work on my 2wd frame.Both trucks have 4 cyl eng and manual trans.
would someone give me an answer please.I do not want to sell this truck and buy someone else's problems.I know that the engine,trans could be bad. I have called the shop and waiting for a reply to purchase the 4wd.

#3 ·
Because I know what shape the whole truck is in.I was thinking that it might be easier to do the way I am planning. I can take the front and rear axle,trans,transfer case out easier than removing all the body panels, wiring,air con lines,etc. Just my opinion. A jack stand is easier to move by myself than a lift where room is a concern and I don't need help in doing this other than bleeding brakes etc.

#4 ·
Well at very least you're going to be welding a lot of mounts even if the frame rails are the same shape, it's not going to be a bolt in job at all. I'd put what the other truck needs off of your rig on it and call it a day. I wouldn't be swapping the whole body out unless it really needs it, same goes for wiring harness etc...

#5 ·
From what I remember of those years, completely different frame and completely different front suspension. The 2WD is coil spring, the 4WD is torsion bars. Pull your 2WD cab with all the good stuff and drop it on the 4WD frame is probably the quickest and cleanest way of making it work. Engine probably the same, transmission not (that 4WD part hanging off the back).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.