Pirate 4x4 banner

Nissan Pathfinder SAS

9K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  cbrgoose 
#1 ·
Im new to pirate 4x4 and im very excited to be on here. Ill make this story short but im going to be SASing my nissan pathfinder with a front dana 44, fox coilover and air lockers front and back. My first SAS pathfinder got rolled and my second one got thrashed also. Now i have my 3rd pathfinder and as soon as my new shop is set up i will be building it and fixing alot of things i didnt like about it before. If i can figure out how to post pictures on hear ill post of the original one that went of the cliff and the second one that just took some body damage. The one i bought now is in pretty good shape. Ill try to post whole build on hear and have a few other toyotas ill be building to so ill put those in toyota. Right now my pathfinder is set up with a radius arm set up with johny joints and fox coilovers but i may do 3 link. i havent decided. Let me know how to post pics and ill get to it. Thanks for reading

#3 ·
HAHA well the short story is that the original owner was drunk... I live way in the country and the road is like 1 and 1/2 lanes wide. Well i bought it so he was bringing it to me because i didnt have my liscence and decided it was a good idea to drink all day before driving it to me. He took (or tried to take) a cornor that is red clay and really sharp at about 65mph. So it got sideways and went off a cliff. Thanks for responding to me about pictures in going to send money monday. It should be a fun build. Ive got most of the parts. The ARB air locker,compresor,rock sliders,coilovers,etc. I need to decide on what to do with the back. Im also having issues with alignment from radius arm angle so i need to find what deg. the arms should be at of ball joint angle i suppose. I hope to start within a few months.

#10 ·
nice thanks for geting back to me. Ruffstuff has what look like really nice 3 link front and 4 link rear as well.I still have completly decided yet but thats the combo im leaning toward. Those radius arms are ok but not great. Do you like the rear 4 link? How is your on road?

#12 ·
Thanks alot. It may be alot different. Im highy considering the ruff stuff 3link and rugged rocks 4 link in back. Mabey bigger coilovers also. I just want to be shure i can use my ARB and gear for front if i get different dana 44. Ne ways just geting moved into new garage so hopefully sooner than later ill have some updates.

#15 ·
Hey , found ya. It looks good . How tall is it? What size tires are on it now? I have looked into ruff stuff and ordered some stuff from them . It has all been good quality . They are by Sacramento which is good for me. I will probably change to there 3 link set up, eventually . Rugged rocks rear 4 link is very good . Maybe I will wait till Steven comes up with front 3 link.

#16 ·
Well its on 35s and has been in my barn for 2 years now. I dont know how tall it is exactly. I used alot of Ruff Stuffs...stuff in the past on my other rigs and completly love it. They sell high quailty fair priced.....stuff.lol. Im ok with my radius arm set up and the coilovers but might do 3 link. Thanks for stoping by.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.