Pirate 4x4 banner

master cylinder upgrade xterra?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Houdini? 
#1 ·
Im starting on my slow ass xterra sas using a hpd44 that has dual piston calipers and using a d60 rear. Ive been searching to see what the best master cylinder swap would be hut my search skills suck apparently. So what make and year to make it easy on the o so intelligent oreileys should i get? Also i kept the unit from the 79 ford i got the axles out of if that works.

#2 ·
I used a 91 300zx disc front and rear master on my 88 Pathfinder. The pedal feel is better than I ever had when I was all stock. At the moment I have D44 front with large chevy single piston calipers and nissan drum rear with large wheel cylinders. I'm not sure what the mounting width is on your xterra but you could go to a junk yard to see if a 87-97 hardbody is the same mounting width as your X. You might want to look at late 90's to 2000s durangos and dakotas also.

#3 · (Edited)
for my 60/14blt combo i went with a 78 chevy c30 pickup 4x2 MC - part No at Advanced Auto - m101266. cost me $49.88. it fit on the stock booster (with the pushrod adjuster removed) and i put a proportioning valve on the rear line to dial it in and it all works great.

FWIW i have been told a corvette master would have been a good choice as well because it was already set up for rear disk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.