Pirate 4x4 banner

86-95/97 Pathfinder/Hardbody A-pillar Gauge Pod Group Buy

5K views 10 replies 1 participant last post by  Dowser 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone.

Over at NPORA we've been talking about a company that makes gauge pods for vehicles and have been in discussions with them over making one for our Pathfinders and Harbody's. I'm a few weeks behind on posting up here on these and other boards as my time is pretty limited and perusing all the nissan boards I used to is not in the cards anymore. So what I'm going to do is post up the link to the NPORA discussion on the subject, and if you're not a member there already, and you're interested, feel free to just post up here and I'll keep an eye on this thread and update when I can.

Here's the link to the NPORA thread. A-Pillar Gauge Pod Discussion

So this will be the Official Update Page for this project.

If any of you are interested in seeing the most current status, this will be the place to find it.

The price quote for the 3 gauge, no tweeter design is $54.99
The unit comes in standard black with the option for interior color matching for an additional $7.99
The Minimum order number is 20 and additional orders will not bring the price down.
http://img1.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/editor/menupop.gif
We have 23 people who have Committed to purchase and a total of 24 orders.

Legend

Black - Members I have sent the total pricing Email out to
Green - Payment Received
Red - No Longer Interested

Here are the 23 people who have Committed to purchase out of 28 original. A total of 24 orders.

Committed Buyers

23 of 28 Completed

Precise - 2 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. I'll Make Hime an Offer He Can't Refuse!
Dowser - 1 (NPORA) - Me. Payment ready to go. I Ain't Got Time To Bleed!
Adamzan - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. I Love the Smell of Napalm in the Morning!
sewebster - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Chaaaaarge!
puckstoper9 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Good to go!
alabama_lowlife - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Rock and Roll!
tmoore4512 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Get R Done!
Hillbillybob - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Times up, Too Bad for you.
RedPath88 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Lock and Load!
theexbrit - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Hasta La Vista Baby!
scoobysmak - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Yippie-Ki-Yay Mother F***er!
dvdswan - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Dead or Alive, You're Coming With Me!
d21-t - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Times up. Too Bad for you.
KENDIG (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Feelin Lucky Punk?... Well... Do Ya!
SnailPowered - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. You Talkin.... to ME?
Koveman - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Shake and Bake!
teixeira - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Laugh it Up, Fuzz-Ball!
lower byhalia - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Kick Ass!
calicraig - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. You See This? This... Is my Boom Stick!
shustarich - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Times up. Too Bad for you.
Inyourface1650 - 1 (Nissan4wheelers) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Say ello to my lil fren!
Bucket-List - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Boo-Ya!
theRUNT - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Times up. Too Bad for you.
billessig - 1 (Pirate4x4) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Times up. Too Bad for you.
snowboard419 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Get Some!
4EyedTurd - 1 (Infamous Nissan) - Total pricing E-mail sent - Payment received. Leeroooooooooooooy Jeeeeeeeeenkins!
edicer2 - 1 (NPORA) - Total pricing email sent - Payment received. I Don't Step on Toes... I Step on NECKS!
Harbinger - 1 (NPORA) - Total email sent - Payment received. They Call it a Royal with Cheese.

Interior Color Options

Red - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Light Grey - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Dark Grey - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Dark Brownish Grey- Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Brownish Grey- Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Tan - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Blue - Already sent - courtesy of alabama_lowlife from Infamous Nissan
Light Blue - Already sent - courtesy of David29 from Infamous Nissan
Black - Not needed, company makes in standard black

The sample A-pillar piece for them to use for a mock up and to give us a more accurate quote has been sent in. (alabama_lowlife)

Color Samples have been sent in. (alabama_lowlife and David29)

Photos of the interior with the Pillar in place have been sent. (Dowser)

Mock up trim piece with Pods attached has been sent to me for test fitting. It's been tweaked for proper positioning and angles and is packed up for return shipping. (Dowser)

Money has been collected, but no payment to company has been sent yet. Its all safe and sound until I return the prototype to the company and confer with them about the changes that I made to the Gauge pod locations. (All of you! Nice work everyone.)

We're almost finished! Before you know it, a 3 Gauge Pod A-Pillar will show up at your door. Thanks again to the crew at Infamous Nissan for helping to get this going.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
:shocked:Alright, time for an update. :shocked:

So we’ve hit he mark we’ve been hoping for. As of yesterday, we now have 20 Unconditional Committed buyers and a couple that we’re conditional on both sides of the fence. At this point, I’m going to put a deadline out there so we can get to the next step. I’m going to allow those that we’re originally interested until the 22nd of April to reply with your responses. After that, this project is moving forward without you.:flipoff:

As of today, the votes are in favor of the 3 gauge pillar no tweeter and unless 8 more people chime in and commit with a vote against it, that will be the design we move forward with.

If on the 22nd, those that were committed conditionally on the 2 gauge design wish to change their minds and pick up a 3 gauge version, let me know and I’ll change your status and keep you up to speed on the email list.

So……

Here we are. This project is finally going to move along now.:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

Let the countdown commence!!!

#5 · (Edited)
:shocked:Update Time:shocked:

So since we're on the 23rd now, we're going to proceed with the project at this time. The official design winner is the 3 gauge, no tweeter and currently we have 24 committed orders as of today. Those of you who have not gotten back to me but have shown interest, you have until this evening to reply to the PM's that were sent. The cut off date was yesterday but I'll be sending off the information they require to proceed this evening so you have very little time left. I called the company today to talk of concerns with how the shipping process will be handled and what they want me to do from this step forward.

I will be arranging everyone’s shipping addresses and sending them off to the company for their accurate price quotes. After a couple of days, they'll send me a reply along with a price quote next to each individual name. I'll then be able to email each of you individually with the total costs to you. At that point we can start dealing with payments. The company will handle all shipping obligations and will ship internationally.

He also expressed the need for color requirements at this time too, which I have from all of you, the issue is the company themselves still do not have all the samples required to make the colors available. We need some more volunteers to scour some Yards and gather the correct colors for shipment to the company. On the Update Page, (Page 1 post #10) you see what has already been sent off to them and the jury is still out on how many different variations there were on colors. I'm going to back track thru the original threads and try and figure out how many different colors that were mentioned, and then try and edit the update page to represent that a bit better.

I'll get a mass email out to everyone committed with everything I just said out incase some of you aren't following this as closely as others. I will not be sending emails to those of you who were conditionally committed for a 2 gauge, with tweeter design, unless, as was stated back on the 16th, you've had a change of heart and wish to still be included. If that is the case, let me know by this evening.

#6 · (Edited)
:bounce:Alright, Update time. :bounce:

Samples have all been sent, thanks to David29 from Infamous Nissan. Big round of applause and thanks to him seeing how he's not even part of the order process so make sure you give a shout out to him. :beer::beer::beer:

I got the shipping quotes back and I'll be sending them off to you all individually with your own quote. I was just going to send out the whole quote out to everyone in a mass email then thought perhaps not everyone wants everyone to know where they live, lol sooooo, I'll be breaking it down individually. Give me to the end of the weekend guys, things are a bit hectic with Mothers Day, and I have a Birthday Party tomorrow so I'll try and get them all out to you before Monday.

I'm going to completely update the "Official Update List" on Page 1 Post # 1 to reflect the next phase of this process. I'll be posting up the 25 committed buyers that are involved, and once payment has been sent by you and received by me, I'll be updating your name on the list to reflect so. That way everyone will know who's waiting on who to get the money off to the company and officially get this project off the drawing table and into production. If you find that your shipping costs are too much and you are no longer interested in the product, let me know and I will edit the list. We can only hope that there are more then 20 left or this goes back to the drawing board. :eek: :barf: :bawling:

OK!

So that's where we're at. Looking forward to the next step!

#7 ·
Ok,

So its officially been 1 week since the Payment email went out. I've only collected from 11 of the 26 contributors. I'm aware some of you will be mailing checks and what not which is fine. Those of you who have perhaps forgotten and need a reminder, this is it.

Lets get this moving. We're almost there everyone.

#8 ·
Just bumping the thread to bring it back to daylight.

Hey everyone. Going on 3 weeks tomorrow since I sent out Payemnt info. 14 have sent payment at this time. Still waiting on the rest of you. Let me know if you are no longer interested so I can update our status. Lets not wait too long fellas, theres other on here that have paid already and are waiting to see something come of this.

Also, the proto type has been made, its ready for fitment, and to have the guages adjusted to proper angles. I also forgot to mention in the mass email I just sent out to all of you involved, that the spot that has the factory tweeter hole, will still be there, it just wont be cut out. They were able to retain the spot. Now this is all just word of mouth from them as I haven't seen the proto type yet. They require the payment to get things shipped so lets get on it.

Exciting news! perhaps some of you guys who were interested in the tweeter design, may just very well get a product in the end that will work. Time will see so long as the funds arrive. :D

#9 ·
:shocked:Update.:shocked:

We've got 21 Orders paid for at this time. Those remaining have 2 Weeks to arrange payment if you are still interested. After that time, We'll be moving on without you. If you've lost the original Payment request email, send me either a PM or email and I'll resend the necessary information out.

:mr-t:Get your shit together boys, Times a tickin.:flipoff2:

#10 ·
Alright, So a couple updates.

So here's a couple pics of what they've sent. Again, keep in mind, this is only for fitment and placement. You'll also note that the 3 pods are comprised of 2 pieces. I'm pretty sure that they originally were only going to put 2 pods on it with the tweeter, so they mocked it up with a singe piece with double pods. Later on, I called them up and informed them the 3 pods is what everyone wanted and I think they just popped another on there to get fitment stuff.

At any rate, on with the show.

#11 ·
I got it all sorted out now. I went out to the Pathfinder this weekend. During the week just didn't seem to work out. I test fit it and I was unhappy with the layout. The middle gauge was semi covered by the top gauge and the top was at an angle I that wasn't good. here's a picture of what it looked like in the Pathfinder without any changes.

After quite a bit of messing around, chopping some plastic off here and there, moving it on the trim piece a little here and there, I think I got the top one positioned just right. The bottom gauges are 1 piece and they were set up just with the exception of making the top corner stick a tiny bit farther out to give a little more visual clearance for the top gauge. In the end it looks like this for positioning.

I angled the top one slightly otherwise it would be pointing at the ceiling. I'm going to get this packaged back up and speak with the company this week. Just need a day when things aren't too hectic this week so I can head over the border and mail this out. If anyone has any concerns or input before it goes off, please feel free to state them. I'm all about constructive critisism.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.