Pirate 4x4 banner

Several Problems...

789 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dvdswan 
#1 ·
These are just general problems, and I have several.

This is on a '95 Nissan Hardbody XE, 4x4, VG30

The driver's side high beam doesn't work. I've searched with Google and found that is seems to be a common problem... but the method for fixing it is unclear. Do I need to pull the steering wheel, or can I just pull the covers on the column and readjust/clean-up the stalk... as that seems to be where the problem occurs. *I am getting 10.2 volts to the light, instead of 12.3 that I am getting to the passenger side... wiring looks good.

I cannot, for the life of me, adjust the new headlights. When I put brand new ones in, they suddenly pointed down (which I didn't notice until later). They point almost straight down and the adjustment doesn't adjust far enough to correct them. If I turn the lights upside down, they are too high. Is there some trick I am missing? Did I get the wrong light?

Finally, it is now leaking oil pretty bad and I'm guessing it is the rear-main. I'm not a stranger to engine overhauls or anything, but I'm just curious what I am getting into here. Is this going to be straightforward, or am I going to hate myself afterwards? Disconnect the front and rear shafts, disconnect the shifter linkage, unbolt the tranny from the motor, unbolt the crossmember, and slide it all back out of the way... right?

Thanks for any help in advance. Also, what tires can I fit without... just kidding.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.