Pirate 4x4 banner

New to here/4x4

606 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Trevasty 
#1 ·
I've just purchased my first 4x4 vehicle, a 98 Pathfinder. At 149,xxx miles it is bone stock. So far, the only "off-roading" I'll be doing is going camping, in which I will travel down some fairly navigable service roads, at best. That being said, there's really no need for me to install a ridiculous lift, or possibly even a lift at all (I'm not interested in mudding or rock crawling in this). HOWEVER, I would like to install 15" steelies with 31" ATs, and I've read on a few sites that this is not possible without some sort of lift. And seeing as these are unibodys, if I WERE to lift it, I'd just go ahead and do a suspension lift. So this brings me to a few questions:
1) CAN I fit that wheel set up on it as is?
2) If not, would a leveling kit make it possible? And,
3) If the leveling kit does work out, should I still consider a small lift (2"?) IN ADDITION to the leveling kit?
Sorry to sound so noob. Again, I'm new to all of this. Thanks in advance for the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.