Pirate 4x4 banner

Xterra A/C belt tension pulley

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  rustybottoms88 
#1 ·
2002 xterra with the V6. The A/C belt tension pulley on the wife's started squeaking. Got a new one, 48.00 bucks, I took the old one off, the bolt the pulley rides on or mounts to is smaller than the mounting hole on the pulley. The new and old pulley are identical. Is their a shim or spacer missing that goes on the mounting bolt to make the pulley fit snug?

I thought what the hell must be some kinda Jap setup so i put the new pulley on. Tightened the belt then tighten the nut that holds the pulley on. Started the beast:shaking: up, sparks proceeded to fly from the new pulley.
I hope this makes sense had i been thinking I could of taken pics but it was fairly late at night and I had not thought of posting on here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 ·
Problem solved

Figured it out....as i had thought the parts store left out a bushing for the aftermarket pulley. The stock pulley is designed to work with the oversized and molded to fit stock washers. The aftermarket pulley is slightly different and it will not work with the stock washers. :homer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.