Pirate 4x4 banner

Pathfinder is having some issues

716 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BustedCrawler 
#1 · (Edited)
So the past couple days it's been real slow. When I am on the highway it's doing about 55mph and that's it. If I'm going down hill it will get up to 65-70mph and be just fine. But it will slow down. Going up hill on the highway it wants to slow down to 45mph unless you mash the gas pedal. It's all stock. Sitting on 31 inch mud terrain tires. Small lift. 3.0 v6 should be able to push this thing a little quicker..... It has a little street tune on it. ( Previous owner ) He did it to pull his rail buggy trailer? So I know due to the tune it runs just a little rich. He said when I asked about this it's caused by the o2 sensor needing cleaned. He said take it out and clean it then it will be fine. How much of this is bs and how much is correct? I notice it has a very little miss. I notice is when I come to a stop sometimes. He said all of this is caused by the o2. I am just trying to get a little help so I can hopefully get this squared away.

#2 ·
Have you checked anything? Plugs,cap,rotor, fuel filter? Start there & find out if the timing chain has been replaced. Ive never heard of any successfully "cleaning" an o2 ssensor they generally just get replaced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.