Pirate 4x4 banner

KA24DE to Toyota Transmission

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  7m4x4dude 
#1 ·
Is there a demand for this? if so i'm trying to get a machinist friend of mine to start making adapters to do so. if you are one of the people that would like a toyota transmission and transfercases behind your ka24de then please let me know in this thread, so i can show my buddy to see if he thinks its worth the money and efforts. we are thinking the r series would be the transmissions we would make kits for as if someone in the drift world wanted the r154 out of a supra. however if more demand was for the w series i'm sure something would be built.

#6 ·
I like the idea for this, caus I would like to either sas a 720(which has a shitty divorced transfer case) or hardbody pu(chain driven case) with a 4cyl and I would rather run a passenger side drop axle and be able to run dual cases for cheaper then a nissan doubler, but since no one makes adapters i'll probably just build a damn sas Toyota eventhough i'd rather have a nissan!

#7 ·
i own a machine shop and looked real hard at adapting these a few years ago. the conclusion i came to was that with the prevalence of such great tuning, KA24s are now easily making more power than you need and the SR swaps are drying up while the KAs are being blown up. i just didnt see the supply of KA's being any better than 22R/E's.

#9 ·
I'd be all over an adapter for an sr20 to Toyota. I have a 5 Toyota Trans that is still hooked to a 2L diesel, which I think is the better one. I think there would definitely be a market for the Nissan 4x4 crowd ( used to be one, but gave up when there were no good options for low tcase gears or doublers )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.