Pirate 4x4 banner

'82 720

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  4D55 Performance Inc 
#1 ·
I have an '82 720 KC that has been sitting for about 15 years because of a blown head and me being to lazy to fix it. The truck is in really good shape and I'm trying to decide what to do with it.

I was going to a SAS and v6 but have no money for it right now.

My question is, What would you do? Would you rebuild the z22 or would you just get rid of the truck? Coming from Cali the truck has very little rust but after sitting for that long I am concerned with the rest of the truck. I would like to have a truck that gets better mpg than the 9mpg that my '78 K15 gets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
if money is an issue then stay way from the sas. if u cant do the sas then don't bother with a v6 swap u will have clearance issues with starters. Just going on info u have given you could prboley get this truck going with the 22 for around 300 bucks. it will get you about 17mpg. u could probley find a complete motor in a pic a part or about 100 bucks. the 24 give u a Little More tq.

#3 ·
I would restore it back to original condition and go with some 29-30" tires. Those 720 look great in stock form.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.