Frontier and Pathfinder compatibilty - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Nissan
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 225179
Frontier and Pathfinder compatibilty

Looking for new suspension for my Aussie Pathfinder and there isn't as much gear for the Pathfinder as the Frontier. In Australia they are pretty much the same, was looking at the PRG lift with 2.0 Radflo coilovers and 5125 Bilstein rear shocks. Granted the frontier kit comes with shackles but I can delete them and just get my rear springs locally. Link for kit is below

Will this lift fit from Frontier to Pathfinder?

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/prod...lover_package/

Thanks in advance
Ozdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 213683
What year pathfinder ?
Pamountianbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2012, 05:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 225179
2009-2010. Haven't bought it yet. Just researching for when I do
Old 08-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
TBD

Member # 194369
For Christ sake keep your money and run screaming the other direction from PRG.

Greg is a nice guy but knows absolute shit about running a company. I fucked around with PRG for 8 months to get my shit. I did finally get it, but in the time it took I could've bought all I needed from other places and had at least as good a setup as I have if not better.

You're in Australia. For the love of God you don't have better vendors/companies local?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 51365
The rear suspension on the Frontier is leaf sprung and on the Pathfinder it is a coil sprung suspension. The only common parts would be the front suspension.

Glenn

Like us on Facebook
Bomber52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 225179
Yeh I knew about the rears, was wondering about the front. Thanks Glenn

We don't have half the aftermarket gear you guys have over there, so why not buy from you guys? We are helping your economy too, what's wrong with that?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
TBD

Member # 194369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozdog View Post
Yeh I knew about the rears, was wondering about the front. Thanks Glenn

We don't have half the aftermarket gear you guys have over there, so why not buy from you guys? We are helping your economy too, what's wrong with that?
There's nothing wrong with it at all. I just figured that it would be easier to source parts for you if you kept it local. You also wouldn't have to deal with the ridiculous shipping prices.

Pathfinder and Frontier front suspensions are the same. Get a pair of C/O's, a new UCA (to eliminate UCA to coilbucket contact) and new shocks/springs for the rear and you'll be in good shape. What are you looking to be able to do with the Pathfind when done?

Last edited by westracing01; 08-09-2012 at 09:57 AM.
westracing01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 225179
Quote:
Originally Posted by westracing01 View Post
There's nothing wrong with it at all. I just figured that it would be easier to source parts for you if you kept it local. You also wouldn't have to deal with the ridiculous shipping prices.

Pathfinder and Frontier front suspensions are the same. Get a pair of C/O's, a new UCA (to eliminate UCA to coilbucket contact) and new shocks/springs for the rear and you'll be in good shape. What are you looking to be able to do with the Pathfind when done?
I have a heavily modified Patrol ute (pickup) for the fun stuff. Pathfinder will be for the missus to drive the new little one around town and will be used on tracks to go surfing and beach or when we all need a light trip out of town for a change. No major tracks or anything cause that's what the Patrol is for without the missus. Haha

Knowing the limitations of IFS/IRS I was thinking of a nice 2" lift, rear locker, chip and exhaust to make a capable all rounder. I think in the Pathfinder setup, flex is important to a degree due to suspension setup (limited by torsion bar angles etc) so locker will help with that but I agree C/O's, UCA's, new rear springs and shocks and was thinking Airlite 1000's for when.