Pirate 4x4 banner

help please I need a oil dip stick

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kgb424 
#1 · (Edited)
was given a 1981 Datsun 720 4 x 4 with a Z24 and webber carb, what I need is a oil dip stick for 80's Z24, some one put the Z24 in that truck, so not sure of year but it is a Z24 from the 80's, I have looked online they want to charge you to look for your parts but there is no money back if they don't find your part so its a scam to me. the dip stick I got the rubber part is ripped and so it leaks oil, I checked Napa they don't care it Napa has parts for every thing, but a Datsun dip stick,Not a one but a Chevy,Ford dipstick, 100 different types, Datsun one type and I can't find one so I guess I'm screwed cause I tried to use rubber tubing it don't work.the only thing I can come up with is a Isuzu dipstick I got and drill out the rivets and put the Datsun lower part onto a Isuzu upper part and make me a dip stick, but it has to be at the right height or your oil level is going to be off too low or too high, so either way I'm screwed. I need a dip stick

#3 · (Edited)
thank you very much, no just the dip stick, I got one the rubber is ripped and piece is missing so I tried different sized rubber tubing, nothing fit it was either too loose or too tight, so I need just the dipstick with the rubber part in good shape please or I will be in the same situation again,thank you again it was leaking from the top of dip stick it might of had to much oil in,will have to check and see

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.