Pirate 4x4 banner

U.S. diesel conversion

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  droff85 
#1 ·
Has anybody in the U.S. found a diesel to swap into a Nissan? I have sourced one and was wondering if it might be worth my time and effort. I have an 03 frontier with the 3.3l in it. I was thinking that a good little turbo four cylinder might give me some more power and better fuel economy. What do you guys think?

#2 ·
Well it doesn't seem like anybody has tried to put a diesel in one what about turbo charging the v6 that I already have? Any thoughts on that? I have three turbos sitting at the house. I just dont know how well the factory naturally aspirated engine would hold up. I don't know if it is the same as the supercharged ones internally or not.

#8 · (Edited)
You could turbo the VG33e motor & it will handle it just fine. It is the same block as the VG30et from a 84-89 300zx turbo. I have looked into this extensively along with a coule other guys. You could probably make 300hp with a VG33 turbo running ~12psi.

If you have questions on it, let me know. I'm not going that route, but I know what needs to be done to make it work (thanks to some old Nissan guy I know.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.