Pirate 4x4 banner

Oil filter relocater and cooler

934 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  IslandPath 
#1 ·
I'm looking to put an oil filter relocater and a oil cooler on my 95 hardbody 4x4 se v-6 has anyone done this?If so is one brand or size better and easier to work with?And where is the best place to put the cooler and the filter.Thanks for any input.

#2 ·
I got mine from Automotive customizers.

Its extremely hard to take the stock filter off if you have headers, and also is in a terrible spot for pouring oil all over your starter.

When my pathy was IFS I had it mounted right beside the radiator overflow, now my PSC power steering cooler is there, so my remote filter is mounted to the back of my F-150 shock tower, im sure you could also make a bracket on the fender or the firewall.

Just make sure you have the hoses coming out the top of the filter when its mounted, if you mount it with the filter up then all the oil drains out after you shut it off, and next time you start up you'll have a mostly dry motor for the first couple revolutions = bad

Also be aware if you go with the AC relocate kit that you will be using a chevy small block oil filter and your trucks oil capacity will go from 3.5L to 4L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.