Pirate 4x4 banner

83 Z24 Problem

630 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  uamikey11 
#1 ·
alright guys my truck just started randomly running like crap. this has been going on for a couple weeks now I just did my spark plugs and cap and rotor. It's having a really bad problem running when it hasn't been revved up to about 2-3 thousand RPM. but when the motor is warm and vacuum is right it runs fine when I'm at a stoplight letting it idle for more then a minuet it just drops down to a whole nother level and runs way out of order. really hard to get it threw the gears it's misfiring and doesn't run smooth until its reved up and has the right pressure or reading of some sort. I have looked into the possiblities of a bad EGR valve and vacuum leak. been under the motor almost everyday afterwork trying to figure it out. I don't see any sighs of vacuum leaks or sumthing hooked up wrong. the truck randomly runs really good and certain days and others it just runs horrible and hardly even idles I can't figure it out I know it has to do with sumthing vacuum or computer related because it runs like crap until it's revved up it's actually just starting to get worse. showing all the signs of a bad EGR valve but I have tooken the valve out and cleaned it and everything it seems to be alright. any info or help would be much appreciated at the point! I'm stuck and don't know what to do i just finished a huge straight axle swap on my truck and hate to be going threw this right now it's never had any other problems under the hood like this. Thanks, Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.