What is up with this forum!? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Nissan
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2003, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 22645
What is up with this forum!?

overall I like Pirate...and yea I am new around here. There is good info in nearly all areas of the forums, some more than others. Yet, I am a Nissan guy and this Nissan forum is lacking. Not only is there not many posts, less are interesting and informative. Don't get me wrong there are some good posts here for Nissans but overall it lacks.

So whats the deal?? What needs to happen to get more of the Nissan owners out there posting here?? There is a ton in the USA doing all kinds of things with trucks over a 40+ year span. There is also huge numbers of owners all over the world doing the same thing. Seems like there is just a few active here.

Is it the fear of being flamed that makes us Nissan owners not post here?? Come on'...who cares what they say, we own Nissans and know what is up!
Old 12-30-2003, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 19543
Well, the truth is, after reading and posting on 4x4parts.com, nissanoffroad.net, nissanfrontier.net, xterraownersclub.com, and nissan4wheelers.com, there is not much left to say when I finally make it to P4x4. All the topics get beat to death 10 times over reading from board to board anyway.

It seems to me that most all the same guys post on those other boards so there really is not anyone new to talk to over here.

And yes, the attitude of P4x4 in general is sometimes a little pathetic for the "adults" that are supposedly posting here. Not to say it is great everywhere else either. Good boards are hard to find. I like the variety found on P4x4, and the traffic is great for the classifieds IMO.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2003, 06:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 23105
there aren't many posts because all of the threads accidentally got deleted a little while back.

I mainly come to the site for the Isuzu board cuz it's the only place I've found with people who know anything about the old Izzys. I have a dropped and severly modified Frontier and a dropped Ram so I read those boards too. I don't really post much. I just read posts and soaking up information. If you have a question about lowering a Nissan I'll be posting like a mad fool. LOL

I like hard core tech stuff. I love to see stripped down trucks, cut metal, fabricated parts, etc. Bolt-on stuff doesn't excite me. Pirate seems to be where a lot of the hard core guys are at.
LoFrontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 12100
Consider the fact that this board is aimed at hard core off roaders, and you will answer your own question. There just arn't many hardcore Nissan wheelers around. Here, if you don't at least have a sas planed, you have a mall wheeler, so no need asking for help, or posting stuff about 31" BFG's or ifs lift kits. That is why there arn't many folks posting here, but many (like me) read alot and post alittle.

Randii
TRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 08:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 11729
Send a message via AIM to unissamog
And to continue TRed's comments. Once you decide to go hardcore with a Nissan you HAVE to walk away from Nissan to get the parts....Toy, Dana, Unimog....There just aren't any "easily" available Nissan axles that can handle big tires.......So to be quite honest....once you get to the level of wheeling that is "normal" for this board, your Nissan will be more non-nissan than nissan.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 21880
Sad but true...
Old 01-01-2004, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 18822
What axles do you have in the US??? we do have bad ass ones here

Quote:
Originally posted by unissamog
And to continue TRed's comments. Once you decide to go hardcore with a Nissan you HAVE to walk away from Nissan to get the parts....Toy, Dana, Unimog....There just aren't any "easily" available Nissan axles that can handle big tires.......So to be quite honest....once you get to the level of wheeling that is "normal" for this board, your Nissan will be more non-nissan than nissan.
ALL, well not really MOST, hadcore 4x4 in Spain use NISSAN axles and they handle all a d60 can....
What axles you have in the US?????

Eduardo
Old 01-01-2004, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 19543
Unfortunately, just the H233B for a decent rear axle. Solid axle front Nissans have not been here since the Patrol was discontunued in the 60s. We cannot get the H233 Front or H260 rear axles like y'all can, although I know more than a few would pay some good money for them if we could.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 11729
Send a message via AIM to unissamog
And even with the rear axles, they are cost prohibitive. A ring and pinion for an H233B is over $400. Which makes it cheaper for us to find an old jeep axle, gears AND a locker to swap into the rear., instead of just re-gearing the Nissan one.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 22645
I have access to the C200's in both front and rear, also the H260 and others. All can handle 35" tires or more. ARB makes lockers for them also. Are they expensive? Yea a bit but will run you a lot less than a set of Mog or C303 diffs. Some people like to keep it all Nissan and they are willing to get the C200 or others. And yes this is in the USA...Patrol diffs are the toughest made in Nissans line and these can be bought and installed under X-terras, Pathies, Frontier's, Hardbodies, 720's and you get the idea. There is a variety of them from a 40+ year span in both coil and leaf sprung.

I have browsed the Rover, Benz, TLC and other forums here at length and to say this place or Pirate is only for the most extreme hardcore is BS. Plenty of other topics besides "extreme" in other areas.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:58 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 19543
If you have access to heavy-duty Nissan solid axles, you need to start doling out information. I know of quite a few people that would be interested in buying them.

SPEAK!
Old 01-04-2004, 01:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 15697
Maybe its because all of you are newbies except THREE of you And as for the attitude you dont like; go somewhere else, we dont need you.

Whats wrong is that Not enough people want to wheel Nissans. There also isnt much to do without removing and replacing everything it seems. You also drown your tech section with stupid questions and for sale ads.

Forgive me if I sound harsh, but I believe the Nissan Forum has potential but really needs to be shaped up.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 22645
Quote:
Forgive me if I sound harsh, but I believe the Nissan Forum has potential but really needs to be shaped up.
nothing to forgive and I agree. As far as the "newbie" comment....here is my reply

SFA I can get, most have diff pumpkin on the RHS or passenger side. The best bang for the buck is the C200, like I say ARB's drop right into it. Right now I am not stocking any diffs other than old P-troll C216's. In the future I will have a variety available in stock. If you or others want a SFA diff no problem. I have several others also wanting a few sets. You gonna have to pre-pay for them though and be patient.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 13834
The problem with using all Nissan Axles...All the trucks are drivers drop from the end of the 720's on. You guys off shore have alot more choices than we do.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 13270
Send a message via AIM to rednekit
Quote:
Originally posted by unissamog
So to be quite honest....once you get to the level of wheeling that is "normal" for this board, your Nissan will be more non-nissan than nissan.
the only nissan things left on mine is the cab,bed,frame.

i have almost all but given up on this forum because the lack of people willing to give info,or even oppinions.
there is also the fact that like my self not everyone knows everything about nissans.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 22645
You are right not everyone knows everything about Nissans. There are some guys who know a ton in the USA, more over seas. Then there are those that at least are trying to improve the Nissan community in the USA.

It is also correct to say that since the 720 it is all drivers drop. Yet, the P-troll is and has always been a passenger side drop. Even a 2004 P-troll is this way. I fully understand using domestic parts in a build up...cost the #1 concern, availablity or part is likely #2. Yet the fact remains that the tuffest Nissan stuff made goes into the Patrol. The GQ Patrol 5spd for example is world wide known for being totally bomber. For a select few it is still important to use Nissan parts in a Nissan mod project.

While we have strayed off topic it is interesting to chat with others about these things, to me any ways. I have a website and forum dedicated to Nissan Patrols and other trucks. You are all welcome to drop on by and browse or post.

RMP&O
Old 01-07-2004, 03:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 23566
Send a message via AIM to SirMrManGuy
Quote:
Originally posted by SR5Dave

Whats wrong is that Not enough people want to wheel Nissans. There also isnt much to do without removing and replacing everything it seems.
Oh come on, don't try and tell me that the toyotas aren't the same way. Most of the guys going big with toys have D60s in the front.
SirMrManGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 03:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 15697
Quote:
Originally posted by SirMrManGuy

Oh come on, don't try and tell me that the toyotas aren't the same way. Most of the guys going big with toys have D60s in the front.
I see you're new here.

Toyotas ARENT the same way, the Toyota tech section here is the forefront of tech on the forum. Hell, Gen4x4 is the only tech section that gets more posts than us.

Toyota axles with longs can easily push 35"s with no breakage. Longs and chromos and LOTS of people run 38.5" SX's. Even some w/ V8's and big tires still do fine. Arent most Nissans IFS?...... Also, the toy trannies are VERY strong. a few particular trannies are strong enough to hold up to a V8. Toy cases are the best thing next to an atlas, with more gearing options than you could wish for. Toy CV's and ujoints on the driveline are pretty much the same as 1350 joints. So, no its not the same. You can pull your foot out of your mouth now, if you pull your head out of your ass first.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 22645
Quote:
Toyotas ARENT the same way, the Toyota tech section here is the forefront of tech on the forum. Hell, Gen4x4 is the only tech section that gets more posts than us.
He was not talking about the forum...DUH!

Quote:
Toyota axles with longs can easily push 35"s with no breakage blahblahblahblahblahblah.
This is a Nissan forum, if we want to get schooled on Toyos we can go over to the ever so popular and highly over rated Toyota forum...mmmk, thanks.

FYI, (since you are in a Nissan forum) The Patrol trannies from 1960 to 2004 can handle 35"-37" tires no problem with no breakage. Same with the diffs.

Quote:
You can pull your foot out of your mouth now, if you pull your head out of your ass first.
Tell me something SR5Dave....were you born an asshole or did you have to work at it!? For a guy with a HUGE pos 4x4 you talk a lot of crap. Go back over to the Toyo forum, we don't need your advice, input or comments in this forum. Not to mention your know-it-all additude and flaming is totally high school.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:35 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 12100
Bravo! I was thinking about how to say what you said, but all I could come up with was something about that pos in sr5 daves pic. I mean, he talks about how the Toys have all this great stuff, and he runs a jalopy! My advice to him is get a job and spend some money on your junk before acting like you got the sweetest smelling shit!

Randii
Old 01-09-2004, 07:42 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 12100
Quote:
Originally posted by SR5Dave
[B]
I see you're new here.

I love my 83 Longbed- Never work on it. Looks like crap and needs paint... new goal: pry ass outa chair and do something to my pos!1982 Toyota SR5 4x4 Still a stock beater!
I fixed your sig line for ya!

Randii
Old 01-09-2004, 07:50 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 15697
Quote:
Originally posted by RMP&O

He was not talking about the forum...DUH!
I was reffering to both

Quote:
This is a Nissan forum, if we want to get schooled on Toyos we can go over to the ever so popular and highly over rated Toyota forum...mmmk, thanks.
Someone else brought it up first.

Quote:
FYI, (since you are in a Nissan forum) The Patrol trannies from 1960 to 2004 can handle 35"-37" tires no problem with no breakage. Same with the diffs.
Cool, Patrols are nice. Now make them as availible as a Toyota pickup truck and MAYBE they'll have the same success.

Quote:
Tell me something SR5Dave....were you born an asshole or did you have to work at it!? For a guy with a HUGE pos 4x4 you talk a lot of crap. Go back over to the Toyo forum, we don't need your advice, input or comments in this forum. Not to mention your know-it-all additude and flaming is totally high school.
It runs in the family Oh no! You're insulting my truck, my feelings are so hurt Its not my know it all attitude, Im trying to tell you WHY the Nissan forum sucks. Im trying to give some input. If you want to sit here and flame me for telling you why blunty, knock yourself out.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:53 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 15697
Quote:
Originally posted by TRed
Bravo! I was thinking about how to say what you said, but all I could come up with was something about that pos in sr5 daves pic. I mean, he talks about how the Toys have all this great stuff, and he runs a jalopy! My advice to him is get a job and spend some money on your junk before acting like you got the sweetest smelling shit!
Oh.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:23 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 22645
well you see SR5Dave....one of the reasons this forum is not doing good is guys like you! Who cares if this guy or that guys is new, it makes no difference. Does having posted over 1000 times makes you better, smarter or more suited to talk Nissans?? Maybe some guys only found the internet recently, maybe some guys have only found this site recently, maybe some guys spend more time working on their trucks then in front of the computer. It does not mean they are lacking knowledge. It also does not mean the deserve to be disrespected in public. Stop being a JERK and GROW up and maybe then we will respect your oh so crappy Toyota.

I do not believe I was or am flaming you...I can do much better if flaming is what you want. Actually I am making a point. If you do not have something decent to say or can't treat people with respect then go somewhere else as you so bluntly put it. As the famous saying goes...if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. I think you understand what that means. Try a different approuch and you may make some friends. Keep up the additude and you will only continue to make yourself look like a major ASS.

Nuff said....
Old 01-09-2004, 10:53 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 8822
Send a message via AIM to McSoo Send a message via MSN to McSoo
I think the problem with most Nissan guys is they are too thin skinned. Just about every topic in this forum is a rant or bitch about something stupid. Kinda like this. Shit chat if you ask me.

Rollin' deep in the 24 karat krawler.
McSoo is offline   Reply With Quote