Nissan PAtrol worth - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Nissan
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2004, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 29425
Nissan PAtrol worth

I just found a nice 69' Patrol for sale.
It a great runner with everything there. Everything works and has a rebuilt engine. It drives great. what would this be worth.
The paint is in ok shape,no rust. YES NO RUST. thanks for the help here.
-Josh
Rock Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 24600
I just bought a 69 KL60 with a great body and little rust for $1200.
If you are 100% sure the engine is rebuilt, then $3k would be tops for me, unless it is completely restored, then you could be looking at anything from $4k-$14k
JoeyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2004, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 22645
the motor could have an easy $2k in it if rebuilt. I had over $3k in my last one rebuilt in a 64. Yet it had all new bolt ons too, including a Weber.

This forum is not the place for Patrol info. People here have no idea what a restored or rebuilt Patrol is worth....much less what it cost to do. When was the last time any of you bought a cam for a Patrol P engine from Nissan!?

I stopped posting on this site because you all are clueless when it comes to a rare classic 4x4 like the Patrol. If it is not popular or modified then all you people do is bash it and flame a person with a truck of this type. Step out of the box, most of you on this forum sound very narrow minded.

How many of you have even ever seen a Patrol?? There is 3 in my shop right now and I have 2 more....

A clean Patrol with a correctly rebuilt motor is worth no less than $5k....correctly restored and it is in the $10-18k range. Super clean low milage original one starts at $8k and goes up from there. I know I have sold a number of them for more than that with no probs.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 12070
Damn, sand in vag much? You are the only one doing the bashing.
76Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 30822
I have seen a 1960's Nissan Patrol

When I was a child in Macon, GA one of the first Datsun dealers in town brought a few over to compete with Toyota Landcruisers. Neither dealer sold many of either but the I-H dealer sold every Scout he put on the lot. I think the Vietnam war turned alot of buyers against Oriental vehicles back then. Now the little Toyota Corolla and Datsun 1200 type cars sold well due to the gas mileage.
colby bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 05:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 23900
Quote:
Step out of the box, most of you on this forum sound very narrow minded.

This is one of the most ignorant statements I have seen in quite some time.
System-f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 01:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 22645
just the fact that two out of the 3 replies to my post are defensive shows I am somewhat right in my statements.

Several peeps in the thread say a classic nice Patrol is not worth squat or that they won't pay squat for it. That shows the need to see beyond the limits of your box as they are worth lot's more. Am I ignorant to say it is worth more and not respected for the truck they are? Not hardly...nor do I feel ignorant to say you all can be very narrow minded and should take a step outside the box. Rovers, TLC's, Scouts and the like are all worth and sell for big bucks in either good original or restored condition. Why not a Patrol?? Because the masses are misinformed and when misinformed or lacking knowledge people usually either don't say shiat or put stuff down. This is obvious in many threads on the pirate4x4 forums.

While I may have been a bit harsh and rash....and the Nissan forum here is one of the more tame the fact still is this site is overun by peeps who bash, flame and put down. It is also over run by narrow minded peeps who may be skilled and well informed but lack culture to see something like a rare 1960's Patrol as being valueable. You could pour your heart and soul into a truck, post it on this site and you have at least a 50-50 chance for getting flamed for it not being in th norm....ie Jeep, TLC, Scout, Chevy, Ford. Do that on another forum and you get nothing but praise, even from guys who don't like Nissans.

oh and BTW, I am not bashing anybody here....I am merely pointing out facts that should all ready be obvious. Nor was I referring to somebody in this thread, moreover I am talking in general terms about this board. There are ton's of people out there who own Nissans and other trucks all over the world. Many of which are well informed, skilled and not limited by how "cool" they feel their image is. Maybe you have not noticed but most of them don't come here to say anything....why you think that is??? I could offer links to other forums where Nissan is one of the most popular areas....this one is aimed at jeeps and the like. A year ago the Nissan area was nearly dead and any posters in here often got flamed by TLC, Jeep and owners of other trucks, reguarly.

Oh and one more set of facts for you...I advertised two very nice 1960's Patrols on this forum last year. Out of the three replies I got on them in pm's, 2 were ignorant idiots. One guy once told the price of a nice 64 replied to me saying....you must be joking, I could easily buy a FJ55 TLC project for that much and have 3x's the truck. The other guy said, you'll never get that price for those trucks. You might as well drop the price $3k and make a fast sale. Both these guys have never seen a Patrol let alone crawled around under one or drove it. I sold both trucks far from this site at the prices I had advertised them for on Pirate4x4. How many of you even know the history of the Nissan Patrol? How many of you have any idea on the numbers imported to the USA? How many of you know what it costs to restore one right or the amount of effort it takes to source parts? How many of you could even care...not many I can/have seen from my time spent lurking.

Old 06-12-2004, 01:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 31059
Send a message via AIM to 88pathoffroad
My man, you need to get off the soap box. There's nobody listening. You're just trying to piss people off.
88 Pathfinder: 6+" of lift, 33x13.50 LTB's, L&P Stage 3 steering, Ranchos front/rear. Warn hubs, Powertrax rear locker, Smittybilt grilleguard, 110A alt/e-fan swap, dual batteries, PIAA's, custom TBI etc…
NPORA Admin, mod for: Nissan-Infiniti, VGPowered, NissanHelp, AllNissans and NissanForums
88pathoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 01:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 22645
no worries if nobody is listening. I am not trying to preach squat to any of you.

And if nobody is listening it just proves there is next to zero interest on this website in the Nissan Patrol or any other unknown 4x4.

And lastly, for the record I was not trying to piss any one off. If people get/got pissed it is due to the fact I am somewhat right in my statements. If I was wrong I would get laughed at not called names. If you thought I meant step out of the box in terms of being like the rest of the millions of jeep owners in the USA you are wrong. Obviously people in this forum with a SAS Nissan are not the norm but...I was referring to people being close minded about vehicles not sold on USA soil or that people have no knowledge on. $3k for a solid original Patrol...HA I got well over 3x that for one!

Own a Pinzgauer or Patrol, drive it around a town flooded with lifted jeeps/broncos/D-90's/TLC's/H2's....see the kind of idiots that put it down because they have no idea what it is. Then you may understand a bit about where I am coming from. I get the same feeling on this board and that is just lurking without posting anything.

If I was to post on Pirate4x4 about a Diahatsu Scat or Russian GAZ I am building and stoked on, I got a pretty high chance of getting flamed. Simply because it is a Diahatsu and nobody here has heard of a Scat before. And the GAZ would likely get flammed just for being Russian made. Why is it I can spend hours on an Aussie board reading about Nissans but in 5 minutes on this board I am falling asleep? get the point...? That is the best attempt I am going to make at proving my point. I am done.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 1745
Send a message via AIM to 64rovr
Thats pretty ignorant and wrong of you, but theres no hope in changing your mind. It sounds to me like you have a self esteem problem, being that you cant take the punishment when people dont praise your every move or, god forbid, your vehicle? I drive a 1964 Land Rover... I can relate... but I dont let it bother me. If you don't like it here then leave. You apparently did for a while- why come back?
64rovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 05:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 23566
Send a message via AIM to SirMrManGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP&O
no worries if nobody is listening. I am not trying to preach squat to any of you.
Your prechin to the quior, here in the Nissan section. All of us here probably have taken alot of shit from drunk redneck heep owners on the trail about our choice of vehicle, yet we still continue to build. Your first post in this thread sort of came out of left feild, as it dosen't mean much to any of us, since we dont know your history on Pirate and those of us who read your posts from N4W and NOR, its almost out of character for you. The origional poster is intrested in buying a Patrol, help the guy out, save another one of these trucks from rusting in someone's yard, I know you have plenty of good tips to share.

Also, restored vechicles won't get much respect from the uninformed masses in Gen 4x4, since they are of the mindset that "Hardcore tube buggies are the only real trucks, everything else sucks," its a damn shame that they are like that, but thats the way it is. There are alot of morons and trolls on this site, you have to ignore them, because there is some really good technical information on this site (which is quickly being run out of the 6 month search archives by threads filled with "search newb").
Old 06-13-2004, 07:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 23566
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRed
Get a clue guy, people here , have a ton of knowledge about Nissans. I doubt you have half the personal experience with Nissans that I do. Good, now continue with that mindset for the sake of all who have a clue.
Dude RMP&O=Fudd from N4W, he knows his Patrols.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 15426
Terrance, give it a break. The patrols that RMP&O was selling were MINT mint trucks.. You can find patrols for cheap that have been run into the ground and are by no means close to being perfect examples.

Another vehicle that can be compared in a similar fasion to the Patrol is the Datsun 510.. There were approximately 200x as many of them sold here in the US, but now the going price is as high as $15k for mint original, historical cars, or perfectly restored examples. Even $10k is a decent price for a clean well-built example. Now, people may say "No tin can econobox is worth that.." Sure it is.. to the right person, it defnitely is, especially now that the supply of nice original ones has dried up.

The patrol had less than 3000 ever imported into the US.. An extremely nice example WILL sell at high dollar to the right person that knows the true value of such a find. I'm pretty confident that the prices will only climb as many of these trucks rust away and disappear forever. There are not many left..

Until someone has worked on a patrol in person, and has tried to source parts for one.. people wont understand just how much that clean original truck is worth.

Last edited by datz510; 06-15-2004 at 12:13 PM.
datz510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 17554
Yeah, and those Patrols have front driveshafts too!
Old 06-16-2004, 09:01 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 12070
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-RAT
Yeah, and those Patrols have front driveshafts too!
76Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:26 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 11684
ha, we are a touch spoilt over here. i bought a '67 patrol a while back for $200AUD just to get the bonnet (hood) for a buggy project. used the bonnet and the 15x8" rims that soemone had put on it, and sold the rest of the truck, complete and running, for a case of beer.
wendleburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 7294
My trail rig is a Patrol - I cut it all up to use it, put lots of dents in it wheeling it... - is that wrong?
EDIT: see website for buildup and wheeling pics...
/forum/jeep-hardcore-tech/563033-project-cj.html

Last edited by redcagetoy; 06-17-2004 at 10:20 AM.
redcagetoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:05 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 12100
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcagetoy
My trail rig is a Patrol - I cut it all up to use it, put lots of dents in it wheeling it... - is that wrong?
No, that is what you are suppossed to do with those relics.

Randii
TRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16699
Quote:
If I was wrong I would get laughed at not called names.

BWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!LOL,RLMAO OR HOW EVER YOU NEED IT.

Now leave
rockmup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 05:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 23566
Quote:
EDIT: see website for buildup and wheeling pics...
Holy crap, thats some kickass work. I went through all the buildup pics on your site: http://www.offroadrepublic.com/galle...bumName=scotts

I want one.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 7294
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMrManGuy
Holy crap, thats some kickass work. I went through all the buildup pics on your site: http://www.offroadrepublic.com/galle...bumName=scotts

I want one.
Thanks, it was alot of work but it was well worth it - haven't really changed anything in the 1.5 years that it's been done. I will have it up in Fairplay CO next month for the SWFWDA Summer Quarterly
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563033
Old 06-18-2004, 08:26 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 23566
Quote:
Thanks, it was alot of work but it was well worth it - haven't really changed anything in the 1.5 years that it's been done. I will have it up in Fairplay CO next month for the SWFWDA Summer Quarterly
Crap, I'd love to come see that but I'm stuck in Maryland until August.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:26 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 22645
Thanks to Datz for his post....seeing as he owns a Patrol even if far from original he at least understands where I may be coming from. And really I don't know to many people as well informed on Datsuns and Nissans as him....

And to Redcagetoy....you killed one of the rarest years for the Patrol. The earlier the more rare, there was maybe 100 1962 Patrols sold in the USA. All that for a body....I could have gotten you a brand new body. But you know what, I still respect your truck and how you have built it even if very little is a Patrol. I think it is a pretty sweet truck....it's all in the name of fun so who could put you down for that? Matter of fact the guy who got the chassis off you is visiting me this weekend to pick up his free 65 body.

And Wendle has one sick buggy with just a 60 series hood....but I still think it rocks too. Plus Wendle and his mates are some of the best informed, nicest guys into Patrols I have met online and that is well worth my respect.

The rest of you are just plain wrong in your assumtions. Only people here who even know much about me are Datz and DR. Don't see how I could have a self esteem prob when I run 2 businesses. On average I deal with 30 high profile clients every few days. If I had no self esteem I doubt I could do that. I laugh at the peeps who diss my Patrols or Pinz. Out done guys with locked, lifted Fords in a 40 year old open diff Patrol. Why would I care what they say?? It is the fact that they are stupid enough to say anything that leaves me guessing on the intelligence of humans.

The point was and is they say lot's but know little. No matter if it is on the trail, at the gas station or on this forum. Not to mention anyone who is into Nissans should have some respect for the truck that started it all. You wouldn't even have a Nissan to play with if it wasn't for the Patrol. Chop it, hack it, trash it, basterize it...go right ahead 'cause all you are doing is making the nice ones worth more cash. I am well aware the thread was about buying a Patrol. And my intial post was not meant to steer the interested guy away from them. Moreover it was meant to inform him that this board just plain sucks for info on these trucks. Did I sound like my head is inflated? Maybe....but you spend 15 years into these trucks, travel around the country and over seas in the name of Nissan and Patrols, write letters to Japan, find what everyone said didn't exist, sell them for prices peeps said they never be worth, prove the "know it alls" wrong with research and facts and then come back here and tell me how your head sits on your shoulders.

Good luck to all of you with your SAS Nissan...I myself am building a factory SFA MQ Nissan Patrol and don't need to fit dana junk under my trucks. And if you think all I am into is classics you are dead wrong. My MQ is maybe one of 10 in the USA making it very rare but I am still cutting and modding the truck. While you all are playing with your 720, Pathfinder, hardbody, X-terra or Frontier I am playing with my Patrols and a Patrol = the top of the Nissan food chain.

Funny how the pot is calling the kettle black...

Read my posts again...ALL I ever said is some or most of you are narrow minded. I never flamed anyone in paticular...yet I get called ignorant and a few other things such as told to leave. Can't imagine how bad it could get if this in the Jeep area. No worries though as it just a forum...

Oh well, at least I got you all talking about P-trolls and the lack of ____ on Pirate4x4. There is no point in this post to be made....simply some words from my finger tips while I enjoy a cup of fine coffee on a Saturday morning.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 7294
Quote:
And to Redcagetoy....you killed one of the rarest years for the Patrol. The earlier the more rare, there was maybe 100 1962 Patrols sold in the USA. All that for a body....I could have gotten you a brand new body. But you know what, I still respect your truck and how you have built it even if very little is a Patrol. I think it is a pretty sweet truck....it's all in the name of fun so who could put you down for that? Matter of fact the guy who got the chassis off you is visiting me this weekend to pick up his free 65 body.
I went to the Patrol because 1) I was tired of driving/wheeling something that everybody else has (a exo-cage toyota) and 2) the rusted out Patrol was $500. I needed something unique and different and found it. Most people have NO idea what I Patrol is when I tell them - I love it for that fact. I plan on cutting some more but I am still going to keep the Patrol style and skins - just narrow the front and rear, drop the hoodline...

I didn't know that there were only 100 or so 1962 Patrols in the US - Oh well - I love it - Glad to hear that someone else is using the rolling chassis (sold for $80). I wanted to use it but it needed too much modification for my purposes and I decided to build one from scratch...

Have fun, I'll be on a trail near you soon...
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563033
Old 06-22-2004, 07:32 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 17610
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendleburger
ha, we are a touch spoilt over here. i bought a '67 patrol a while back for $200AUD just to get the bonnet (hood) for a buggy project. used the bonnet and the 15x8" rims that soemone had put on it, and sold the rest of the truck, complete and running, for a case of beer.

I'm moving to Australia. Not just for the Patrol deals but it is way cool there. Alot more laid back. Hopefully I'll be out there in about 5 years.