1993 Nissan D21 - 4X4, 35k miles, original owner, fully loaded. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Nissan
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 9482
1993 Nissan D21 - 4X4, 35k miles, original owner, fully loaded.

I've been bugging this guy for 4 years to sell this to me. He's a friend...a wealthy friend. He never would give me a price or even say I could get it, until Monday. HE GAVE IT TO ME!!!!!!

This truck has rarely spent the night outside. I had the windows tinted so I could text.

You have no idea how stoked I am!
EMIEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2017, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 9482
The tires are from 2006, so I need to replace them soon. I'm going to try my friend's 33x10.50s (off his Toyota) to see if I'll have clearance issues. Do you guy think going up that big will hurt freeway driving much? I don't know much about this 6 cylinder yet...does it have the balls to pull them?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2017, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
PathmakerProductions

Member # 138007
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMIEVEL View Post
The tires are from 2006, so I need to replace them soon. I'm going to try my friend's 33x10.50s (off his Toyota) to see if I'll have clearance issues. Do you guy think going up that big will hurt freeway driving much? I don't know much about this 6 cylinder yet...does it have the balls to pull them?
33"s will take some fender trimming for sure, 31's were what came stock. Body lift is the real easy way to put on 33"s without trimming. I've seen guys run 32"x11.5" tires with just a bit of sledgehammer action in the wheel well but they will rub at full lock.

The 6cyl is a bit of a pig, will it be slower with 33's for sure....is it going to be unbearable, nah it wont be too bad if its a 5spd. The auto's were a bit of a dog tho.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IslandPath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 03:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 9482
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandPath View Post
33"s will take some fender trimming for sure, 31's were what came stock. Body lift is the real easy way to put on 33"s without trimming. I've seen guys run 32"x11.5" tires with just a bit of sledgehammer action in the wheel well but they will rub at full lock.

The 6cyl is a bit of a pig, will it be slower with 33's for sure....is it going to be unbearable, nah it wont be too bad if its a 5spd. The auto's were a bit of a dog tho.
Maybe I'll just stick with the 31s...this truck is so clean and unmolested I'm not ready to trim or pound on it yet. Maybe 32s could slide in there? lol

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-23-2017, 04:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wheelin 24/7

Member # 22176
Nice score. I liked those trucks back in the day. (Wtf, my phone is trying to autocorrect back into Barack?)

Quote:
I swear sometimes this place should be called "Autism on bath salts".
:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2017, 04:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 9482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
Nice score. I liked those trucks back in the day. (Wtf, my phone is trying to autocorrect back into Barack?)
Yeah, they still can't believe they lost...now they're sending subliminal messages through the phones. lol
Old 01-24-2017, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 17554
Stick with 31s unless you want to cut on the fenders.

Tinted the windows so you can text? Do us all a favor and don't drive if you feel the need to text and drive.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 9482
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-RAT View Post

Tinted the windows so you can text? Do us all a favor and don't drive if you feel the need to text and drive.
Not everybody is incapable of doing 2 things at once. Shit...we used to read road maps that spread out across the entire dash when I was learning to drive! LOL.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 9482
Quote:

And thanks for the Nissan info. I'd love to stuff bigger tires under it but it's too clean to mess with (IMO).
Old 01-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 17554
Quote:
Not everybody is incapable of doing 2 things at once. Shit...we used to read road maps that spread out across the entire dash when I was learning to drive! LOL.
I'm a biker in addition to a wheeler and I wish I had a dollar for everyone who thought they could effectively text and drive, yet still manage to drift into my lane.

Knock it off for the sake of everyone else. A text is not as important as the life next to you on the road, no matter how good you think you are at multitasking.

As for truck info, another great source of Nissan tech is Home | Nissan4wheelers
Old 01-25-2017, 12:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 9482
Quote:
I'm a biker in addition to a wheeler and I wish I had a dollar for everyone who thought they could effectively text and drive, yet still manage to drift into my lane.

Knock it off for the sake of everyone else. A text is not as important as the life next to you on the road, no matter how good you think you are at multitasking.

As for truck info, another great source of Nissan tech is Home | Nissan4wheelers
I tried to sign up at Nissan4wheelers but I haven't gotten the authorization yet.

I've been driving and texting since texting was invented...Most idiots can't use enough common sense to realize when and where to do it, or which order to put their priorities in. I drive a lot (130k per year). I text all day long on the open road (not in the cities) and (as a biker) I'm extremely aware of bikes as well as my surroundings. I drive the speed limit which is something most people can't say...it's a law just like texting and driving.

I absolutely agree with you about how bad most people are at texting/driving. Some people can. It makes me angry that I have to hide it. I think it should be on the damn drivers test because everyone is going to do it as long as they have devices that allow it!

Did you know texting and driving is still legal in TX if you're not in a construction zone or school zone?

Anyway...thanks again for the info. BTW, I think we went wheeling together in AZ way back in the day. I came out with Randy Slawson, John James, Dave Cole, and JR.

Chris
Old 01-25-2017, 12:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 17554
sounds familiar.

I just went through the approval queue on N4W. Check access again. Should work so long as you validated your email address.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 9482
Quote:
sounds familiar.

I just went through the approval queue on N4W. Check access again. Should work so long as you validated your email address.
IT worked! Thanks!
Old 01-25-2017, 07:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
jtr
Rock God

Member # 41068
Keep the 31s and change the timing belt as recommend by Nissan. My dad and I have put over 300k on 3 of these trucks.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wheelin 24/7

Member # 22176
Stick or auto?

Quote:
Old 01-26-2017, 06:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Window Licker

Member # 34948
Quote:
I tried to sign up at Nissan4wheelers but I haven't gotten the authorization yet.

I've been driving and texting since texting was invented...Most idiots can't use enough common sense to realize when and where to do it, or which order to put their priorities in. I drive a lot (130k per year). I text all day long on the open road (not in the cities) and (as a biker) I'm extremely aware of bikes as well as my surroundings. I drive the speed limit which is something most people can't say...it's a law just like texting and driving.

I absolutely agree with you about how bad most people are at texting/driving. Some people can. It makes me angry that I have to hide it. I think it should be on the damn drivers test because everyone is going to do it as long as they have devices that allow it!

Did you know texting and driving is still legal in TX if you're not in a construction zone or school zone?

Anyway...thanks again for the info. BTW, I think we went wheeling together in AZ way back in the day. I came out with Randy Slawson, John James, Dave Cole, and JR.

Chris
I bet every other idiot we see weaving over the road, driving slow in the left lanes and otherwise focusing on anything other than DRIVING says the same thing.

Oh, and Texas still has a distracted driving law, which covers texting. As do many other states. Too bad they don't enforce it more.

BTW, if that's a manual, make sure it's running GL4 of full synthetic fluid and put an extra quart in...that's an extra quart past the fill hole. The fill plug on those was placed too low and they had a tendency to run the countershaft bearing dry. Eventually it will fail and take the transmission with it if you don't catch it in time.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 136471
This is Pirate; cut the fenders and stuff a D60 under the front end.

Clean rig for sure.
boardbysled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 9482
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtr View Post
Keep the 31s and change the timing belt as recommend by Nissan. My dad and I have put over 300k on 3 of these trucks.
I wonder if I should just change it soon since it's 24 years old?

Quote:
Stick or auto?
Auto -

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgaidan View Post
I bet every other idiot we see weaving over the road, driving slow in the left lanes and otherwise focusing on anything other than DRIVING says the same thing.

Oh, and Texas still has a distracted driving law, which covers texting. As do many other states. Too bad they don't enforce it more.

BTW, if that's a manual, make sure it's running GL4 of full synthetic fluid and put an extra quart in...that's an extra quart past the fill hole. The fill plug on those was placed too low and they had a tendency to run the countershaft bearing dry. Eventually it will fail and take the transmission with it if you don't catch it in time.
It's still legal to text in TX though, you just have to use common sense, kind of like what people should be doing more of all the time! Texting is no different than eating and driving, changing the heater controls, checking guages...why is that so hard to comprehend? If someone can't do it without crashing or swerving, then they shouldn't do it. I don't have those problems! lol

And, I got an auto...but thanks! My last 3 manual trans trucks were all the same, always add an extra quart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardbysled View Post
This is Pirate; cut the fenders and stuff a D60 under the front end.

Clean rig for sure.
It's so tempting to build a rig like that...it would be so damn clean and cool!

Last edited by EMIEVEL; 01-26-2017 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Wheelin 24/7

Member # 22176
Quote:

Auto -
Gee, I hate that the trans makes you sad. Drop it off at my house and I'll take care of it.

Quote:
Old 01-26-2017, 11:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 9482
Quote:
Gee, I hate that the trans makes you sad. Drop it off at my house and I'll take care of it.
lmao...It'll wear on me! Can't wait to get a couple dirtbikes in it and cruise to the track!
Old 01-27-2017, 06:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
jtr
Rock God

Member # 41068
Quote:
Well your probably strapped for cash since you spent so much on the truck. I'd say it's cheap insurance. It's real messy ($$$) when they break.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 226216
1993 Nissan D21 - 4X4, 35k miles, original owner, fully loaded.

Quote:

Auto -

It's still legal to text in TX though, you just have to use common sense, kind of like what people should be doing more of all the time! Texting is no different than eating and driving, changing the heater controls, checking guages...why is that so hard to comprehend? If someone can't do it without crashing or swerving, then they shouldn't do it. I don't have those problems! lol

And, I got an auto...but thanks! My last 3 manual trans trucks were all the same, always add an extra quart!

It's so tempting to build a rig like that...it would be so damn clean and cool!

Texting is a lot different than eating/heater control/gauge checking. Those activities don't require looking at something other than the windshield just a glance or even just knowing where you heater controls are. If you drive 130k a year and still need to look for you heater controls then I don't think you should attempt to text. Eating is the same way your pushing food towards your mouth hole not trying to make sure they spelled whopper correctly. Please don't text and drive nobody is that good at it. I have over 750,000 miles in a passenger truck and there is a considerable difference between texting and everything else. 100's of 100,000's of people drive drunk every year but a smaller number get into wrecks or get a dui. That doesn't mean they are good at it. It just means they have been lucky.

It's not a pride thing it's not an ego thing it's a brain thing.

Nice truck btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by thefishguy77; 01-27-2017 at 07:03 AM.
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 9482
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
Texting is a lot different than eating/heater control/gauge checking. Those activities don't require looking at something other than the windshield just a glance or even just knowing where you heater controls are. If you drive 130k a year and still need to look for you heater controls then I don't think you should attempt to text. Eating is the same way your pushing food towards your mouth hole not trying to make sure they spelled whopper correctly. Please don't text and drive nobody is that good at it. I have over 750,000 miles in a passenger truck and there is a considerable difference between texting and everything else. 100's of 100,000's of people drive drunk every year but a smaller number get into wrecks or get a dui. That doesn't mean they are good at it. It just means they have been lucky.

It's not a pride thing it's not an ego thing it's a brain thing.

Nice truck btw.

Thanks for the props on the truck!

Texting doesn't alter your mind like drinking does...so it's not the same. I don't have a problem with eating/adjusting heat, etc, but some people do! There are different levels of driving skill. I can handle it just as confidently as you handle speeding!
Old 01-27-2017, 10:59 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 9482
Sorry I brought up the texting thing...it was mainly a joke because, without the tint, I felt like I was under a magnifying glass with zero privacy. I don't plan on driving this truck the long distances I do for work, so it's not on the open road.

The next time you guys are driving across Kansas, or Nebraska, or the 900 miles of Texas...at 60-65mph - try not to pick up your phone. My business is run through my phone so I've gotta be on it (when it's safe to do so).

And if you are harping on me for using my phone while you speed, then you're a hypocrite! Oh, you wanna tell me that the posted speed limit isn't necessarily for you because you are such a good driver? I'll believe you.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 226216
Quote:
Sorry I brought up the texting thing...it was mainly a joke because, without the tint, I felt like I was under a magnifying glass with zero privacy. I don't plan on driving this truck the long distances I do for work, so it's not on the open road.

The next time you guys are driving across Kansas, or Nebraska, or the 900 miles of Texas...at 60-65mph - try not to pick up your phone. My business is run through my phone so I've gotta be on it (when it's safe to do so).

And if you are harping on me for using my phone while you speed, then you're a hypocrite! Oh, you wanna tell me that the posted speed limit isn't necessarily for you because you are such a good driver? I'll believe you.

After 750,000 miles I rarely if ever speed. Drive a car on the track then tell me you get the same thrill from speeding on the road. On a 900 mile road trip you can make a few minutes speeding. But still if you get stopped once you have killed you 6 month average for speed.

I have a friend that's a DUI lawyer. Texting and driving has a way higher rate of accident and tickets vs dui. It's one of the few thing that more dangerous than mom with a kid. And yes it's more dangerous statistically speaking to have a mom with a child in the car vs a blood alcohol level of .08

thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.