Parting Out '87 Hardbody in Oregon - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Nissan
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2004, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 33759
Parting Out '87 Hardbody in Oregon

Alright everyone, I tried my hardest to get the POS running again, but an unfortunate accident on my or the machinists part(not sure which) has brought me back to posting this stuff up here. Truck is standard cab, no A/C, power steering. All prices do not include shipping, and I am in Springfield, Oregon, 97478. pickup and shipping available on all items, just gonna take some time for shipping larger items.

-(1) Nearly brand new Remanufactured Head(just replaced head gasket, drove the truck for approx. 50 miles, and then found out the crank is screwed, so it might need to be resurfaced, or it may not)- Will come with entire rocker assembly, valves, etc. I'll even throw in the new set of plugs, wires, and cap and rotor i put on when i replaced the head gasket. Would be good for a spare, or to port and polish. $350 obo

-(1) Z24 Block- Bored .40 over, cylinder 3 oil journal not clean, so it got no oil, and got messed up, but it can be honed or sleeved I believe. $200

-(1) Z24 Crank- Turned .10 under. Cylinder 3 journal may need to be machined, but its still in good condition. $100

-(1) Exedy Clutch Kit- Installed but never ran, everything but the TO Bearing- $100

-(1) New Remanufactured Starter- Bosch. Put it on 2 days before the engine went, so it has probably 5-8 starts on it. $100 obo

-(1) K&N Air Filter for Z24- Brand New- PN- 2813- $20

-(1) 2-Core Radiator from Radiator Barn- Brand New- $75

-(1) Nissan Rear Tube Bumper w/ brackets. This is bent due to trying to anchor for a winch spot and pull a full-size Bronco out of a very deep hole, but anyone with a torch and some time can probably bend it back. $150 obo

-(1) Recently Rebuilt 5-speed Manual Transmission. Rebuilt by a friend of mine in 1/03 who builds torque converters. Second gear grinds just for a split second, but i'm pretty sure thats just because my clutch was pretty fried. $300 obo

-(1) Remanufactured Flywheel- Brand New- $35

-(1) Completely welded rear end. Spider gears welded by Skye at Skye Manufacturing here in Springfield, Oregon. I was told all welds are very solid, and have never had a problem with it, other than the damn chirping around every corner. Would be a good cheap addition to any all-time off-roader, or a back up for off-road trips. Would really prefer local pickup on this... $100 obo

-(1) Rear Slider window. may need new seals, but it has no cracks or chips. $40 obo

-Tail Lights- one is in perfect condition, and the other has a couple little chips out of it. come with all the bulbs, assembly, etc. $30/pair, or $25 for perfect, and $15 for chipped

well, thats all the main stuff, and if anyone thinks im asking outrageous prices, just let me know, im really just going by what i paid for them, and i've installed pretty much everything myself. I have a new money pit, so I could use the cash for the FJ40. again, im open to suggestions, and would let the whole thing go for a reasonable price too. It really needs a good motor, or would be a great candidate for a motor swap. the exterior is light blue, not sure on paint code, will check tomorrow, and the interior is blue also, but the door panels, etc. are pretty mud-stained and the dash is cracked. the body is straight except the passenger rear quarter panel which unwillingly met a tree, but not too hard, and the rocker panels beneath the doors have also each met a couple rocks.

I dont have any of these parts pulled, so if you need a part quick, it will take me some time to pull it, but i have most mornings and late evenings off, so i can if needed. i will also put pics of all this stuff up as requested, but would prefer to email people pics of what they want. as i said, im negotiable on prices, and i know i missed a lot of the little stuff in the engine bay and the interior, so email me at avanti179@msn.com or post here. im also gonna be posting this stuff on N4W and NOR, and it will be for sale locally, and i will try to keep both sites updated on whats left.

Thanks everyone,

Brian
avanti179 is offline   Reply With Quote