Swap - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Nissan
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2004, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 40248
Question Swap

Hi Guys And Ladies,
I Am Back On Business Let The Games Begin. I Have A 1985 Nissan 4 Cylinders 8 Plugs Z24 Body In Excellent Condition 5 Speeds, The Bad Thing Is The Motor So I Decided That I Don't Want To Mess With That Motor And I Want To Put Another Engine. My ? Is Should I Replace The Engine With The Same Z24 I Found One With Low Miles On It Or Is Possible To Put A Bigger Engine With Out Swamping To Many Parts Maybe With A V6 Chevy Engine Not Sure Open For Suggestions
Thank You,thank You
hardbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 27777
It will be far easier to just replace the stock motor. there are no swap kits, and only a few various parts available that are even close. If you swap motor/drivetrain, it will have to all be custom and likely $$$, unless you can do it yourself. In which case you can do whatever you want.
Packman5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2004, 04:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 21434
Yea, even to go with a Nissan V6 you would need a new tranny with it, and anll the compiuters, sensors and wiring for both.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 24600
The 1985 200sx with Z24 engine offered a Turbo (I sused to have one of these little bullets). I would put one of those engines in it, everything should plug right in, except for the ecu, but you would need that off the donor vehicle anyway.
JoeyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 11064
Send a message via AIM to XterraGuy
Guy 'round here has an 84 King Cab that he's going to drop in the engine and transmission from a non-turbo 300ZX of the same era w/ some sort of divorced t-case, the 5-link disc rear axle from a 94 Pathfinder, and an as-yet decided SFA in front (looks lke a Patrol C200 if current plans work out, D44 otherwise). Engine and tranny are nearly overhauled, should start the nitty-gritty soon enough.
XterraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 02:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 40248
Thank You Guys For All The Replys.i Guess I Am Going To Go With The Stock One. What Will Be My Best Buy A One From A Junk Yard That Is Working Of Course And Put Like New Water Pump,new Bearings, New Timing Chain, New Oil Pump,or Just Go With A Remanufactured One ? Does Any One Know Where I Can Find A Good Deal? Xterraguy Do You Know If That Guy Is Selling The Engine Of That Truck?i Need To Get This One Ready Snow Is On The Way. Thank You
hardbody is offline   Reply With Quote