best lift kit/method for 97 pathfinder - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Nissan
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2005, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 37552
best lift kit/method for 97 pathfinder

Im in the market for a lift kit for the wifes pathfinder. Looking for a quality 3" kit but cant find one out there. They are all for the older models.. Anyone have any suggestions and/or comments? want to run 33's. thanks in advance for the help
nakatsuj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 12100
I would get a body lift, it's the only one lift you can get that will actually give you 3 inches of lift and it is cheap and easy to install. A suspension lift is free, you just adjust the tbars for more height, and the back end can be easily lifted with some new springs. Even if you pay upwards of 600 bucks for a suspension kit, you won't get a true 3"s out of it. Plus your steering will now need upgrades, or become unsafe for the wife. There are many peeps that will tell you not to get a body lift. Most of them think they are weak and not a true lift. I can tell you from experience that my body lift has not one problem even after years of use, where as a suspension lift will cause you grief for years to come. Slap in a body lift, put on some bigger tires, and you will be done thinking about it for the rest of the vehicles life. Or get a suspension lift, and we will be talking to you about the problems your having with sagging, rough ride, blown axle boots, wacked out steering etc. from day one.

Randii
TRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2005, 08:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 37552
hey thanks for the info. I was just curious to ask about the tbar portion of your response. Our pathfinder doesnt have torsion bars but instead it has front struts with rear coils. I have heard that a aftermarket coil kit wont lift it per say 3 inches but closer to 2 and there arent any other modifications such as to the steering etc. I believe it would increase the cv angles a bit and but is it really critical to have a small coil spring lift? Im asking just to pick your brain for more information thats all.. I have heard good and bad to both methods of lifting and want your opinion which is greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 01-23-2005, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 12100
Ok, so you have a strut front suspension, in that case, you really need a body lift. I don't personnally know much about your specific Nissan, but here is not the place for finding out. Go to www.4x4parts.com and also www.nissan4wheelers.com for way more Nissan knowledgable folks.

Randii
TRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2005, 09:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 27730
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRed
I would get a body lift, it's the only one lift you can get that will actually give you 3 inches of lift and it is cheap and easy to install.
Can't put a body lift on an R50, its unibody.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 24600
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlb3
Can't put a body lift on an R50, its unibody.
Come on TRED, you know better than that.

Suspension lift is the only option for a 96+ Pathy...
JoeyS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2005, 09:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 27777
If you do the 2" lift, you'll want to get manual hubs so that you can unlock the front driveline and reduce wear on the CVs. otherwise they spin all the time and at the higher angles they die quicker.

There is a 3" and 6" lift for the r50, but the company that makes it has a questionable reputation for delivering parts that have been paid for. My steering system from said company took 6 months to arrive, and I had actually given up on getting it at all until it came in this weekend. If they get their act together, I bet they'd sell alot of those lift kits.
Packman5280 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2005, 09:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 11064
Send a message via AIM to XterraGuy
Yup, spacers and taller coils is about all you'll find, unless you want to emulate those krazy Kaioh/Mud-Jayson guys in Japan...

http://www.syaukan.com/~syaukan/ora1...2k0710r50k.htm
http://www.syaukan.com/~syaukan/ora1...2k0716r50k.htm
XterraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2005, 10:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 37552
thanks for all the input. Very much appreciated. Can anyone tell me where I can get the spacers from? thanks
Old 01-24-2005, 12:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 11064
I may have mis-spoken when referring to spacers. I thought there were some strut spacers, but looking again I just see lift coils for front and rear. www.4x4parts.com
Old 01-26-2005, 07:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 37552
thanks all..
Old 01-27-2005, 10:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 11064
System-F here actually did fab up some spacers for his, he might be able to help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.