fsm - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Nissan
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 111797
Red face fsm

Does anyone know a link to download the fsm of a nissian hardbody 95'? Thanks.
I think I need to replace the fuel filter. Also the aftermarket support is low its too bad, this truck is so fun. I pass dodges and stuff.
Whats the advice on the best performance product I can do right now. Its basically stock.
I dont know much about these trucks.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 74576
Here's for a 96.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/
tmorgan4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2010, 01:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 136471
Depends if its V6 or 4 banger, 4 banger there are a few upgrades out there. But for either, header is the cheapest, an if ya want to get into it a little more, cam.
boardbysled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 105212
small block and a toyota straight front axle
Old 02-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 123939
v6 turbo puts out just over 200 ponies and a twin comes in at around 280. considering our engines are around 153 either one should get u moving also check out z1 motorsports stuff is a little more pricy but with bigger gains.

Last edited by sasnissan720; 02-08-2010 at 10:06 AM.
sasnissan720 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 111797
That fsm doesnt show how to remove stuff haha, I guess I will have to buy a repair manual
Anyhow, yes its the 4cyl 5 speed. A header, and a cam ok. is the v6 turbo made by nissian? I will check it out thanks. Also no toy stuff on it lol..
Am thinking of just modding it up enough for cross country travel thats all, and maybe some trails.
Am thinking of throwing on a rough country 3'' lift, I know its not the best but I dont need the 4x4parts one. Then 33'' or 35'' all terrians, and a cherry bomb muffler, some mods to engine or something lol. thats about all. I like this nissian it is fun to drive.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 136471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToy View Post
Am thinking of throwing on a rough country 3'' lift, I know its not the best but I dont need the 4x4parts one. Then 33'' or 35'' all terrians, .

Stock IFS don't hold up worth a shit. For what you would put into it to keep it together, you could SAS it with a locker. Ask me how I know.

An if you need book help to replace a fuel filter, maybe you should look into knitting as a hobby
Old 02-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 111797
blah blah. there is nothing wrong with ifs, my friend in his yota ran ifs in moab and down in az all the time without any issue, i think ifs is just as capable as solid if you can make it that way. One day I would like a custom built long travel kit like the total chaos ones but for 4wd. If I can find the shop to do it for me, it will be just as good. But no money right now.
Stop bashing me. Knitting is kool btw.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 123416
stock nissan IFS is junk if you plan on running anything over a 29" tire and plan on doing any real wheeling. buy the time you spend all that money on UCA's and upgraded steering componants you can swap in a waggy D44. but what do i know, i'm running 34" LTB's on a stock nissan with no body lift.
dirty bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 10:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 111797
remember am not using this for real wheeling, mostly street and light trails to med. i should be fine.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 136471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToy View Post
blah blah. there is nothing wrong with ifs, my friend in his yota ran ifs in moab and down in az all the time without any issue, i think ifs is just as capable as solid if you can make it that way. One day I would like a custom built long travel kit like the total chaos ones but for 4wd. If I can find the shop to do it for me, it will be just as good. But no money right now.
Stop bashing me. Knitting is kool btw.
Yota IFS an Nissan IFS are two different beasts. Yota IFS is deffinetly a lot more beefy, and holds up better than nissan ifs. I have had lots experience with both. Nissan IFS breaking limits is 32's-33's, toyotas 35's.

Also, IFS doesn't stay alighned worth shit, meaning you go through tires.

Just tryin to help ya out man. I didn't wheel hard at all with IFS but I still managed to break almost everything.

IFS an SA are two different beasts, both have their positives and negatives. But seeing as this is a hard core rock crawling site, SA is way better

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty bill View Post
stock nissan IFS is junk if you plan on running anything over a 29" tire and plan on doing any real wheeling. buy the time you spend all that money on UCA's and upgraded steering componants you can swap in a waggy D44. but what do i know, i'm running 34" LTB's on a stock nissan with no body lift.
I did a Waggy 44 swap and will never look back. It only cost me about $750 and I rebuilt the axle, regeared it, and used the calmini hanger kit.

SA rigs don't have to be "trailered" I dd mine, its only on 33's, rides the same if not better than IFS, an I wheel it pretty hard.

O an if you want power out of a Nissan, SR20DET, enough said. And if you want the IFS to live, don't lift it.

Last edited by boardbysled; 02-09-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 111797
ok thanks for the help guys. am so hard headed lol. I will look at the SR20DET, maybe I wont lift it till I can swap it out if I do want to run 33 or 35s.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.